want to transfer from vancouver to seattle pier to catch another ship in seattle.

Hello,

I am looking for help. I want to figure out transportation between Vancouver b c to Seattle pier so i can EMBARK on a cruise from Seattle that same day.

Please don't say the train. IT won't get me there in time. I also checked out the bus.

HAS anyone done this back to back cruises (both one days) in a weekend? how did you make the travel portion work out.?

thank you for ALL your experience and help.

:)

Other than the train which won't work for you, your options include:

• a ship's transfer
  • Quick Coach
  • a car rental
  • flying from YVR to SEA

any of the above should work for you with likely the ship's transfer or Quick Coach being the most economical.

-

• 1 year later...

I"m still interested in sailing on ONE cruise from Seattle to Vancouver and then

getting Transportation back to Seattle Pier to Sail on a Second One day cruise leaving the NEXT day.

Has anyone tried the BOLT bus?

does anyone have experiences with cruising a ONE day cruise and returning to the Same port the NEXT DAY to Cruise a second ship ?

thank you.

I"m still interested in sailing on ONE cruise from Seattle to Vancouver and then

getting Transportation back to Seattle Pier to Sail on a Second One day cruise leaving the NEXT day.

Has anyone tried the BOLT bus?

does anyone have experiences with cruising a ONE day cruise and returning to the Same port the NEXT DAY to Cruise a second ship ?

thank you.

Both my one-days have been on a weekend when it was possible to do both. On each I've shared a breakfast table with people doing exactly this - they all, without exception, used Quickshuttle. While the Bolt schedule is pretty good, the extra time getting to the bus from the pier and then to the pier from the bus on the other end is time that you don't need to spend if you use QS.

Crucial factor - the border. The delay at the border last time I did a one-day was outrageous - the supposed-to-be-four-hour trip took six-and-a-half, and that was with cutting the stops post-border short because the delay had been so bad. We sat in nose-to-tail traffic for almost three hours. Border staff actually told us that the delay was directly caused by the huge influx of cruise passengers returning from one-day cruises - I was skeptical, given the weekend one-days the previous year had not seemed to cause such a bottleneck, but perhaps combined with decreased staffing levels/a bout of flu...

Border patrol were literally walking down the queue of waiting coaches, boarding and asking if everyone on-board was Canadian/US citizens - if so, they checked your passports visually on the bus and sent you off through a car lane they had opened for just this purpose. As our coach had a couple of other nationalities on-board, we had to wait and were very jealous of the coaches behind us we then saw starting to whiz by...

It would not surprise me to hear that some folks trying to do the double-double Princess status earning (2 single cabins, 2 trips = 4 credits apiece for a single weekend...) missed the second ship. QS at least went pier-pier, with an ETA of c.1 pm, so might just have managed to get you there in time to board with a 2 hour delay - add on the need to get from Amtrak to Pier 91 in Seattle traffic and I wager.

If I were ever to try a double-double like this, I would book Quickshuttle despite the big cost differential from Bolt.

Both my one-days have been on a weekend when it was possible to do both. On each I've shared a breakfast table with people doing exactly this - they all, without exception, used Quickshuttle. While the Bolt schedule is pretty good, the extra time getting to the bus from the pier and then to the pier from the bus on the other end is time that you don't need to spend if you use QS.

Crucial factor - the border. The delay at the border last time I did a one-day was outrageous - the supposed-to-be-four-hour trip took six-and-a-half, and that was with cutting the stops post-border short because the delay had been so bad. We sat in nose-to-tail traffic for almost three hours. Border staff actually told us that the delay was directly caused by the huge influx of cruise passengers returning from one-day cruises - I was skeptical, given the weekend one-days the previous year had not seemed to cause such a bottleneck, but perhaps combined with decreased staffing levels/a bout of flu...

Border patrol were literally walking down the queue of waiting coaches, boarding and asking if everyone on-board was Canadian/US citizens - if so, they checked your passports visually on the bus and sent you off through a car lane they had opened for just this purpose. As our coach had a couple of other nationalities on-board, we had to wait and were very jealous of the coaches behind us we then saw starting to whiz by...

It would not surprise me to hear that some folks trying to do the double-double Princess status earning (2 single cabins, 2 trips = 4 credits apiece for a single weekend...) missed the second ship. QS at least went pier-pier, with an ETA of c.1 pm, so might just have managed to get you there in time to board with a 2 hour delay - add on the need to get from Amtrak to Pier 91 in Seattle traffic and I wager.

If I were ever to try a double-double like this, I would book Quickshuttle despite the big cost differential from Bolt.

Thank you for your experiences. I just don't want to miss the second ship!!

anyone else haVE experiences with this?

• 9 months later...

Can you SHARE your positive experiences?

Princess seems to schedule 1 sailing from Seattle to Vancouver and then the next day they schedule A DIFFERENT ship to DO the same route Seattle to vancouver. I want to do them BOTH but don't want to miss the SECOND SAILING!!

Hello,

I am looking for help. I want to figure out transportation between Vancouver b c to Seattle pier so i can EMBARK on a cruise from Seattle that same day.

Please don't say the train. IT won't get me there in time. I also checked out the bus.

HAS anyone done this back to back cruises (both one days) in a weekend? how did you make the travel portion work out.?

thank you for ALL your experience and help.

:)

• 3 months later...

I did the bolt bus. The driver was great, the only thing I didn't like was at the Canadian border having to take all my stuff off the bus ,go through customs ,wait and put all the stuff back on the bus and hope I got the same seat back again. All that said, I did have a good time.

I like this idea of doing a second sailing after a short one day cruise from Vancouver to Seattle or Seattle to Vancouver. I haven't succeeded yet but, maybe if the Cruiselines schedules permit. How are all of you Pacific northwest cruisers and your current and future Pacific coastal cruise plans? Cheers.

The procedure for taking your luggage off at the border is standard for bus riders -Amtrak buses and Quick Shuttle require the same and it applies to both north and south bound buses.

It's a bit of a hassle especially if you have a couple of large suitcases but that is what it is

Cheers!

Dennis