How many days should we plan to see Montreal?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:31 AM.
Fresno, California
567 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
We are planning a trip to Montreal and are wondering if we could get some feedback as to exactly how many days we should plan for a visit in order to be able to see the city thoroughly. If the time of year would help, it would be between the middle of September and the middle of October, 2011, that we would be looking at. I had thought that three full days (4 nights) would be sufficient, but was hoping to hear from those who have visited the city in the past. Is that enough time or too much?
Vancouver/Harrison Hot Springs, BC
1,800 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Originally posted by Foxhill
We are planning a trip to Montreal and are wondering if we could get some feedback as to exactly how many days we should plan for a visit in order to be able to see the city thoroughly. If the time of year would help, it would be between the middle of September and the middle of October, 2011, that we would be looking at. I had thought that three full days (4 nights) would be sufficient, but was hoping to hear from those who have visited the city in the past. Is that enough time or too much?
I think that's just about right to see the major points of interest and to get a feel for various neighbourhoods by walking around.

Viv
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Radiance of the Seas April/May 2017 Australia to Hawaii
Radiance of the Seas April/May 2016 Hawaii to Vancouver
Norwegian Jewel August 2015 Alaska
Voyager of the Seas Jan/Feb 2015 Australia/NZ
Norwegian Sky- Bahamas- December 2011
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska - July 2010
Norwegian Spirit- Western Caribbean - Christmas 2008
Pride of Hawaii last cruise- Hawaii to LA- Jan/Feb 2008
Vision of the Seas- Mexican Riviera-March 2007
Voyager of the Seas- Caribbean- October 2005
Norwegian Dawn - Hawaii- February 2005
Norwegian Dream- Norwegian Fjords- June 2002
Vision of the Seas- Panama - November 2000
SS Prince George- Alaska- September 1974
84,893 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
The length that you have planned sounds perfect.

Now, understand that just like any city you won't see it all. You could spend weeks and not see everything.

But that time to me is just perfect to see all of the major sites and more.

Keith
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3,746 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Montreal's pace is slower than other North American cities and it isn't about simply seeing sights, it's also about sitting at a cafe and watching the world go by, enjoying fantastic tastes from all over the world and sometimes simply walking the streets to enjoy.

Four days is a good amount of time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Who put the stop payment on my reality cheque?
Click to email me → Just...@gmail.com