Purchasing your next cruise while onboard

I know there is some kind of promo, anyone have any details on this?

What is the savings generally? any additional advice...??

You have to be a Crown and Anchor member, but that's free and you can sign up on the ship with the Future Cruise Consultant/Loyalty Ambassador. It's available on all ships, and you get to book a cruise for the reduced $100 per person deposit (higher for suites). You also receive an onboard credit for the future cruise you've booked; the amount is based on the length of the cruise.

OP, please note the teeny-tiny print on the second page about Open Bookings: the deposit is non-refundable. If you book an actual cruise, your deposit is fully refundable, and you can switch to another cruise if you change your mind. You just keep the same booking number, and the reduced deposit and onboard credit go with the booking to the new cruise.

OP, please note the teeny-tiny print on the second page about Open Bookings: the deposit is non-refundable. If you book an actual cruise, your deposit is fully refundable, and you can switch to another cruise if you change your mind. You just keep the same booking number, and the reduced deposit and onboard credit go with the booking to the new cruise.

Peggy, if a cruise has to be cancelled after final payment and a NC was used when creating that booking, the deposit will be refunded. I talk from experience after having to cancel 8 cruises since last October.:D

Additional information...........

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking). OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board (formerly known as a Future Cruise booking).OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Peggy, if a cruise has to be cancelled after final payment and a NC was used when creating that booking, the deposit will be refunded. I talk from experience after having to cancel 8 cruises since last October.:D

Thank-you, that's good to know.:)

Just to add but 6 were canceled after final payment (and we did have Cruise Care) and 2 were canceled prior to final payment.

I'm really happy to hear this, too. Hopefully, they will update the fine print in their flyer. I always thought this was an unfair policy. Deposit money before final payment has ALWAYS been refundable, except for these NC certificates. That's the reason why I never used them.

Just to add but 6 were canceled after final payment (and we did have Cruise Care) and 2 were canceled prior to final payment.

I'll bet those were the pre-2014 NC certificates too. That has to hurt to lose those.

Does anyone know if the OBC can be used in conjunction with the law enforcement/ military discount?

The OBC from booking on board or open booking can be used with senior / residency / law enforcement / military rates.

Edited by clarea

"Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board (formerly known as a Future Cruise booking).OBC is per cabin."

Just an FYI: If you are booking cabin for a solo they have been reducing the amount of OBC given( AND the Diamond balcony discount!):mad:

Just an FYI: If you are booking cabin for a solo they have been reducing the amount of OBC given( AND the Diamond balcony discount!):mad:

I believe that the OBC and balcony discounts are only being reduced if you are paying a reduced single supplement. If you pay the full supplement you get the full benefits.