Boston - Georges & Spectacle Islands

cruisesusie

What "ship's shuttle" are you referring to? If it's a package with a hop-on-hop-off trolley like Old Town or Upper Deck, most of them stop at the Aquarium, which is right at Long Wharf, although that's a very expensive way to get to Long Wharf (you'd be better off with a cab). The Faneuil Hall stop for most of the trolleys is actually at Long Wharf.

Make sure to check out the ferry schedule closely, as they don't run many boats in the fall, and you don't want to miss the ship. Also dress warmly -- if there aren't many passengers they'll sometimes use one of the smaller water taxi boats instead of the full size ferries, and if the water's rough you may get wet.

Edited by ahecht

The ship runs a shuttle to downtown Boston - I think it lets you off in the Faneuil Hall area, just not sure. I have the ferry schedule. They leave every hour going to Georges Island and every other hour for Spectacle Island, with the same schedule on the return. We'll probably only go to Georges Island.

Susan

The ship runs a shuttle to downtown Boston - I think it lets you off in the Faneuil Hall area, just not sure. I have the ferry schedule. They leave every hour going to Georges Island and every other hour for Spectacle Island, with the same schedule on the return. We'll probably only go to Georges Island.

Susan

You'll probably get let off at the bus loop in front of the Aquarium then, which should be no problem getting to Long Wharf.

I'm just curious about what is drawing you to those islands. There isn't much there, especially compared to all that the city of Boston has to offer.

Just curious, I'm sure you have your reasons.

Beautiful views, Civil War forts, great hiking. At least that's why we go there.

This will be our 5th visit to Boston so we've been to all the usual places and were looking for something different. Last time we were there it rained all day so we went to the Samuel Adams Brewery - had a great time there. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Susan