Jewel to IAH for an 11am flight?

Porterhouse248

I'm going to be on the Jewel returning to Houston/Bayport on the customary Saturday morning. I'm wondering if an 11am flight departure from IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) is feasible. Looking for anyone who may have done this in the recent past and if so, what recommendations you may have, including transfer options from the port to the airport (e.g., cab, pre-arranged transport, etc.) Thanks.

I'm going to be on the Jewel returning to Houston/Bayport on the customary Saturday morning. I'm wondering if an 11am flight departure from IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) is feasible. Looking for anyone who may have done this in the recent past and if so, what recommendations you may have, including transfer options from the port to the airport (e.g., cab, pre-arranged transport, etc.) Thanks.

I work for a airline at George Bush and a 11:00 flight would be kind of pushing it. Most of the passengers I see start showing up at 10:00. However they are arriving in on the transfer bus that the cruise ship provides. If you can get off the ship early and have a reliable car company pick you up it could be done. However if you are delayed any by the ship or car company you could miss your flight.

We were on the Jewel in November and we were at the airport by 10am. We didn't do self walk off and waited for the first couple of groups to get off, so we probably could have been there by 9:30. Hobby is relatively easy to get through but I personally wouldn't book a flight before noon, just too many things that could cause you to miss your flight.

We made an 11:20 flight at Hobby with plenty of time to spare in late December. Working in our favor: we were in a suite, so we got taken off early and quickly, and retrieved our luggage from the priority pile, also quickly. At that point there were virtually no lines at Customs, so that went fast, and we had a local car service waiting at the curb. Finally, TSA Pre saved us serious time at the airport. With everything working like clockwork, I think IAH would have worked as well.

I wouldn't try it INTERCONTINENTAL is on the north esat side of Houston. Traffic can be a bear.