Excursion to the Baths

westchestermom

We are sailing on the Wind Surf March 1. Having never been to the BVIs, we'd look to see the Baths, but I have read so much about overcrowding etc. that I am leery. The ship's excursion seems the most efficient way to see the Baths, and though we usually avoid group tours, I'm tempted to book this one. Advice from experienced sailors?

Just did that cruise a month ago (Jan 4). We took the ship's excursion to the Baths and it worked out fine. Was well worth it and really the only convenient way to do it. It was the only excursion we did; took taxi to a beach everywhere else. You will have a great time; this is a fantastic itinerary! BTW, the Baths were not crowded when we were there.

Do it. It's very nice and the bus tour is great. I think we were only 2 buses last dec. You may want to check this web site which list all the cruise ports, which vessels are docked and how many people are on the island. Most if not all cruise ships dock at Spanish Town pier. Windsurf will anchor in a bay east of the island. You'll be back in time for the beach BBQ.

http://ports.cruisett.com/

Edited by dandee2

Sounds like a plan! How do you recommend getting to the beach with the Soggy Dollar? I really have no sense of these islands and with such a short lead time to our trip I haven't had the time to do the research I would usually do. We just really needed to get away and I've been wanting to try Windstar for awhile.

JVD is a very small island. You will take the tender from Wind Surf (anchor nearby the island) and it will bring you to the dock. From there you take a taxi to Soggy Dollar Bar (dont remember the price), about 5 minutes drive (walkable but lots of hills). Foxy is right next to the dock.

they have a web site. soggydollar dot com

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned and went to both Foxy's and Soggy Dollar. Foxy's in the evening after dinner - very lively! The next day we took the cab over to Soggy Dollar. Lots of cabs right by the dock - $5 per person. Takes about 5-10 min. My nephew and wife walked it - about 25 min. They also have pretty nice gift shops at both - probably better at Foxy's. Have fun!