Booking while on-board

gskimmel

On our last cruise in February - this was the Onboard Booking Program:

"5% Alumni Discount; 5% Exclusive Onboard Booking Discount, Plus a sail away treat of a bottle of champagne accompanied by specialty caviar to celebrate your future cruise, plus keepsake Windstar champagne Flutes. (Full deposit must be made before Friday 6:00 PM) For more invormation please speak with you Guest Services Manager"

Since we already had our next cruise booked, we did not follow-up on this.

I do have to say that I prefer their previous program where you could book a Phantom Cruise - $200 onboard credit for current cruise and an additional $200 credit for your next cruise. You were required to put down a $200 non-refundable deposit for the phantom cruise, but the bottom line was that even if you never booked your next cruise, you would break even. If you did book a cruise, you basically end up with $400 in onboard credits between the two cruises. We took advantage of this offer two different times and it worked great. Wish they still offered it!!!!

On our last cruise in February - this was the Onboard Booking Program:

"5% Alumni Discount; 5% Exclusive Onboard Booking Discount, Plus a sail away treat of a bottle of champagne accompanied by specialty caviar to celebrate your future cruise, plus keepsake Windstar champagne Flutes. (Full deposit must be made before Friday 6:00 PM) For more invormation please speak with you Guest Services Manager"

Since we already had our next cruise booked, we did not follow-up on this.

I do have to say that I prefer their previous program where you could book a Phantom Cruise - $200 onboard credit for current cruise and an additional $200 credit for your next cruise. You were required to put down a $200 non-refundable deposit for the phantom cruise, but the bottom line was that even if you never booked your next cruise, you would break even. If you did book a cruise, you basically end up with $400 in onboard credits between the two cruises. We took advantage of this offer two different times and it worked great. Wish they still offered it!!!!

This is consistent to what I saw on my recent sailing. However it was not clear in the way it was worded whether it was 5% Alumni + the 5% Onboard. It did not say "plus and additional 5% onboard..." I assumed it was, and did not ask while on board to clarify. But sometimes the "fine print" of offers will say "discounts cannot be combined" Perhaps someone who has actually booked while on board can confirm whether both discounts apply.