Oct 6 or 13 Sailing for Better Foliage?

NellieVA

Am trying to decide which Princess sailing to take in October 2012. The last sailing of the season leaves on the 20th, and I think the peak leaves will be gone by then. Am trying to decide between the 6th or 13th. If we go on the 6th, we'll be in Canada on their Thanksgiving, which is supposedly something to see. I've looked at foliage calculators, and they vary widely. Any suggestions?

Am trying to decide which Princess sailing to take in October 2012. The last sailing of the season leaves on the 20th, and I think the peak leaves will be gone by then. Am trying to decide between the 6th or 13th. If we go on the 6th, we'll be in Canada on their Thanksgiving, which is supposedly something to see. I've looked at foliage calculators, and they vary widely. Any suggestions?

We were in St John NB last year on their Thanksgiving Day. It was a short port day, than goodness! Everything was closed almost, we walked to the large mall that houses City Market and only 1 or 2 stores were open. City Market was open but who needs to buy fruit & veggies on a cruise. We visited a nice park and then went back to the ship. This year we are on Royal Caribbean but will go Oct 13-22 to miss the holiday. Also have scheduled a tour to St Martin with a private taxi service... Colors were not as pretty on our last trip, but having visited NE and Canada by car I would pick the later date. JMHO...

Archived