Corfu roundtrip to achilleion palace

dsw39

Looking for inexpensive 3hr tour to visit the palace. I have found most tours are 150euro plus entrance fee or shore excursion $65. Would like to secure a price of 100-120euro for a party of 4. If anyone has experienced this tour, please advise the contact.

Dave

Achilleion is only 6 miles South of Corfu town (near the village of Gastouri). According the the Rick Steves guide the cab fare is usually 25 Euros each way. (He says the fair, metered price would be more like 15 to 20 but they all overcharge. According to the same guide there is a pay phone in the cafe across the road from the Achilleion's ticket office and you can just call 26610-33811 for a cab back to town or the ship. Have not been there yet myself but I see the information in the Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports guidebook.

Lovely Palace, Prince Phillip was bought up there . Worth the trip, great location with stunning coastal views. Just take the ships shore excursion so much simpler, than all the hassles to save a few $ per person .

Lovely Palace, Prince Phillip was bought up there . Worth the trip, great location with stunning coastal views. Just take the ships shore excursion so much simpler, than all the hassles to save a few $ per person .

Thanks! I agree, but I usually like to take a private tour where we can be there before the ship excursions. This is my last resort if I can't find another way to visit the palace.

Dave