Food Temperature

I keep reading about the food temperatures. Has anyone actually made a complaint at the time or has everyone waited until they came home to make negative comments? The staff are approachable and do everything to make our holiday enjoyable so surely a polite mention would get the problem sorted quickly.:)

I keep reading about the food temperatures. Has anyone actually made a complaint at the time or has everyone waited until they came home to make negative comments? The staff are approachable and do everything to make our holiday enjoyable so surely a polite mention would get the problem sorted quickly.:)

Hi Jan, I think someone did complain. On fb they said it had got a bit better towards the end of the week. On the other hand, if the equipment is not suitable, it is not a matter that can be fixed by the staff. It means Thomsons will have to invest :eek::eek: in better equipment :rolleyes:

Hot foods should be kept at an internal temperature of 140° F or warmer.

• Use a food thermometer to check. Serve or keep food hot in chafing dishes, slow cookers, and warming trays.
  • Be aware that some warmers only hold food at 110° F to 120° F, so check the product label to make sure your warmer has the capability to hold foods at 140° F or warmer. This is the temperature that’s required to keep bacteria at bay!

ucm328201.png

Hi Jan, I think someone did complain. On fb they said it had got a bit better towards the end of the week. On the other hand, if the equipment is not suitable, it is not a matter that can be fixed by the staff. It means Thomsons will have to invest in better equipment.

Hi Linda

Long time no communicate. Not on fb. Did think about it but decided to just stay with CC.

I know what you're saying about better equipment but they have been at this game long enough now. The problem sometimes is that the water under the containers is not at boiling point when the trays are put in. I have also seen them replenishing the trays of food from under the counter which have obviously gone cool and the water is not capable of re-heating them. Have never seen probes being used to do temperature checks on a regular basis either.:eek:

Off next weekend on the TA for four weeks. Will have no hesitation in returning anything below par.;)

Jan:)

The trouble is Jan, that they are not Bain Maries, but those metal containers with lids that you lift up, like the ones you sometimes get steamed puddings in. Underneath them are large nightlight sort of things. I have seen photos of them on fb, but don't feel I should put them on here without persission from the photographer. I have asked but she is not well at the moment. If she says it's OK I will put them on :)

This is what I mean, the heat is generated from the contaners underneath which contain some sort of flamable fuel.

2ebbg34.jpg

Regarding Thomsons - hmm, yes they have been in business a long time, but like everyone else they are cost cutting :rolleyes:

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

This is what I mean, the heat is generated from the contaners underneath which contain some sort of flamable fuel.

2ebbg34.jpg

Regarding Thomsons - hmm, yes they have been in business a long time, but like everyone else they are cost cutting :rolleyes:

Agree Linda, they should have put proper equipment in the San Marco on the majesty, it's either cost cutting or lack of time to get it installed.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app