Thinking about going on the Tere Moana-solo traveler

haikou

Can I expect this ship to be full of newlyweds as I have been told the Gauguin is much of the time? They are offering an incredible fare for solos ona transatlantic in November and I am thinking of booking it as my birthday will fall during the cruise. However I wonder if guests tend to keep to themselves for the most part on this line(I am used to Crystal and much prefer the laid back attitude and atmosphere of the Symphony over Serenity)..or if I make an effort will I be able to socialize and enjoy myself throughout the cruise. It wil not be a bargain if I feel like the odd person out in a "Noahs Ark" type environment. I would like especially to hear from other singles/solos/divorcees who have traveled on PG cruises, but especially on the ship I am considering as there are far fewer activities due to its size etc...

Haikou,

You have a misconception regarding the PG. there may be about 6 to 8 newly weds at any one time. It's a popular ship for anniversary and birthday celebrations.

I cannot speak for the Moana. It will depend on the individual cruise. It's a small ship for a TA though so if the stars don't align correctly you could feel like a fish out of water. Personally I would prefer either Crystal ship to the Moana for a TA.

Who is going to be on the Tere Moana is going to be the luck of the draw. When we were on it, there were no honeymooners. Their were mainly couples but they weren't joined at the hip. Everyone met in the lounge before dinner and groups formed from there. One of the women in our group was a solo and was always included in any activity.

Being a TA cruise, the size of the ship may be a problem. There are only a couple of public areas and very little in enrichment talks. The gym is shoebox size and the library gets crowded very quickly.

I do worry about rough seas on such a small ship(ergo the bargain fare I bet) .I can self-entertain pretty well(give me some sunscreen my Ipod and a lounging area and I am good to go. I would love to find people to play cards with. Yes I expect enrichment to be a minimum on this cruise so that won't be a problem. PG has a reputation as being THE line for newlyweds(more for trips to Tahiti than on this ship in Europe however)but I won't worry to much about it.I will be going on another Crystal crossing next March(just came back from one in May), so I love the sea days and crossings for sure! :)