Blackbeard's Castle Closed?

sportscruiser

I just read on TA that the Blackbeard Castle property closed indefinitely on May 4th. Is this true? If it is true, does anyone know if you can still go to the top of the hill for views and walk DOWN the "99 Steps"? Or is the "99 Steps" part of the property that is closed? Thanks!

Thanks for the blog/pics! I really wanted to do this but that's a bummer if the "castle" and all the other properties are closed. Would there be anything else to see alongside the steps besides the view from the top?

• 7 months later...

According to their website, Blackbeard's Castle is open seasonally from October to the 1st of May, and only Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I think we're going to check it out as it is not too expensive and my two daughters are of an age to still be free!

Okay, sorry. When I searched the boards here for Blackbeard's Castle, I only found the ones saying it was closed, and did not see a new string announcing it being open. In case others (like me) were interested and only saw posts saying "permanently closed", I posted here what I found.

No need to be sorry. I didn't want anybody to think that the forum didn't post updates when information changes. I admit I didn't do a search, because it's easier to just start a new thread. Now the information is current on both thanks to you!