Erato Street Cruise Terminal New Orleans

bluey258

Please post any pictures you may have since they did the changes in the terminal. I know they added TV and moved things around.

We are trying to see how close FFTF and platinum sit. if they did anymore upgrades since we sailed.

I sailed on September 14th. I can't say where FTTF sit, but I do know the Platinum/Diamond/Priority boarding lounge looks out to Erato Street. The main area for regular boarding has a view of the ship. The lounge is a good size and has the same chairs as the main waiting room. There is the usual refreshments to keep us happy until boarding time. There is a large screen monitor in the lounge to let you know when boarding starts as well as an announcement.

If you want a view of the ship before boarding you will need to go out of the lounge and walk to the opposite side to see the ship.

Oh, and they crackdown on taking photos and video while in the main waiting area. The lounge no one is there to patrol or watch, so I would assume it is OK......

Edited by misguidedangel

For check-in, you are directed to the private lounge. After you check-in, EVERYONE is directed into the open area with seats.

If you arrive early and have to wait to board...

On Thursday or Monday on the Elation, they generally say anyone can sit anywhere, because it's a work day and not generally a rush for people to get on.

For Elation Saturday boarding or Dream Sunday boarding - you walk down the center aisle - Platinum/Diamond will be on the left, suites and FTTF will be on the right. Everyone is in the same area, separated by an aisle.

The last time I cruised from Erato, I was directed to a platinum check-in room with wires hanging out of the ceiling, then everyone was seated out in the same main check-in area until boarding started. They called people by boarding groups, but everyone was rushing the aisle, so it was really disorganized. Boarding group didn't really mean much.