Horror stories about Pacific Jewel

Hip Synch

I'm so worried. The main horror story I am worried about is *noise*.

We are in a mini-suite balcony cabin 11162 which is the biggest. My son and I both suffer from MS and we will be in the Cabin a lot of the time, this is why I got a big one.

Our main problem is that we are very sensitive to *noise*. If we become stressed because of it we can have a severe attack. I saw that the Plantation Restaurant was above us and thought that it would clear out by say 10pm and that would be alright.

Now I hear about smokers scraping chairs above and runners on the track and as cabins are filling very fast I'm panicking.:(

Anyone been near 11162 recently?

I'm so worried. The main horror story I am worried about is *noise*.

We are in a mini-suite balcony cabin 11162 which is the biggest. My son and I both suffer from MS and we will be in the Cabin a lot of the time, this is why I got a big one.

Our main problem is that we are very sensitive to *noise*. If we become stressed because of it we can have a severe attack. I saw that the Plantation Restaurant was above us and thought that it would clear out by say 10pm and that would be alright.

Now I hear about smokers scraping chairs above and runners on the track and as cabins are filling very fast I'm panicking.:(

Anyone been near 11162 recently?

going by the deck plan you are just under the pool area but on the non smoking side, you may hear some noise but not as much as on the starboard side

going by the deck plan you are just under the pool area but on the non smoking side, you may hear some noise but not as much as on the starboard side

I thought smoking area was Port side (it was on pacific Dawn) and we were in 11162 on her and the noise was quite noticeable from the chars scraping and being pulled around the deck.

We vowed to never book a Port side mini suite again.

I thought smoking area was Port side (it was on pacific Dawn) and we were in 11162 on her and the noise was quite noticeable from the chars scraping and being pulled around the deck.

We vowed to never book a Port side mini suite again.

12 months ago it was starboard side unless they have changed it since then

My gut feeling is that you appear to be in a reasonable place, from my quick view as you are under the restaurant which, although busy, is also a carpeted area so the chair dragging noise would be quieter.

Last time we were in a mini suite we were on the starboard side, around the area of the centre steps, this was noticeably noisier than the time before when we were on the port side. The primary difference was the smokers at night dragging chairs across the wooden floor, followed by P&O staff dragging them back again each time the smokers left.

My gut feeling is that you appear to be in a reasonable place, from my quick view as you are under the restaurant which, although busy, is also a carpeted area so the chair dragging noise would be quieter.

But doesn't the kitchen staff in the Plantation Restaurant start working in the early hours of the morning preparing breakfast ?

And doesn't cleaning of the kitchen and the public areas take place at night after closing up?

The latter certainly happened on the Pearl in the Salt restaurant ... we were right underneath it and had noises from above until very late.

• 2 weeks later...

Ships are noisy things - full of people and machinery making noises of all kinds at all times of the day and night. If you get any kind of decent sea, even the noise of the ship parting the waves can be felt and heard. A ship is not a hotel.

Barry

Thanks for reminding me of this Barry. I have made myself relax about it now and I think noise is all part of the experience as will be other things like the antics of fellow passengers. I think a sense of humour is needed too. :)

• 1 month later...

To all the smokers - they should go & get a catscan & x-rays done on their lungs, they wont like the results, especially if they have been smoking for a few years.

Perhaps its better they don't go & find out, otherwise it will scare the hell out of them.

I have a friend who had the catscan done, and after getting the results gave up smoking straight away, he's not sure, if he has given it up soon enough.

• 4 weeks later...

We recently were in suite 1132 and there was some chair scraping and running noises If it was a lot of noise I would not have liked it so it wasn't enough to bother us.

I didn't like the ship, in particular the food and old tired feel of the ship and would never go on it again.

The suite was lovely though and my friend spent a few days isolated due to illness so appreciated having a larger room.