Cave Tubing AND Zipline

NewerCruiser2014

We did the combo with .bz. Good tour. 7 zips. Pretty fun for the $$. Seems very safe with plenty of guides to help.

They take u to pay, then zip, then tube, then back to where u paid to eat.

45 min to 1 hr drive each way.

I have emailed .bz. It has been a couple of days and I have heard nothing back. Did it take a while for you to get a return email from them?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Us&6cats

We just got back and did this with .bz. I would recommend it but don't expect the highly informative/interactive tour during the tubing that you've read reviews on. Even tho we were running late due to the traffic (about 30min extra it took) we still would have been rushed back cause of the limited time. Both parts of the excursion were great but I wish we wouldn't have had time to look in the jungle and relax in the water more. Food was yummy and the rum punch was a bit strong.

I would do it again but probably cut out the zip lining so I could spend more time at the cave tubing area, even tho they had great service and it was super fun.

Edited by Ellusionz

They do have a website with lots of info about the zip line: zipline.bz

I was just looking at it. Looks great for me and my DS9 and DD4. Min age is 3 (tandem, I assume), so as you can imagine, it's just a nice, safe family zip line, not a thrill seeking challenge course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We used Shore Excursioneer for our cave tubing and zip line excursion in Belize. Whereas all other tours went to a public zip line, we were taken to a brand new private zip line that was higher and longer than the other one. The guides were very professional and all gear top notch. We had a blast! We were very happy to book that particular one and thought the value was by far greater that the regular zip line.

Cave tubing was a treat as well. While others used old tubes and had to stick their foot under the front-man's armpit, ours were connected with lines, had a head rest and cup holder :)

Edited by Prisc777

We used Shore Excursioneer for our cave tubing and zip line excursion in Belize. Whereas all other tours went to a public zip line, we were taken to a brand new private zip line that was higher and longer than the other one. The guides were very professional and all gear top notch. We had a blast! We were very happy to book that particular one and thought the value was by far greater that the regular zip line.

Cave tubing was a treat as well. While others used old tubes and had to stick their foot under the front-man's armpit, ours were connected with lines, had a head rest and cup holder :)

Yep. This is .bz, actually. Rather, .bz contracts with this booking agency. I recognize the pictures and description from the website. Glad you had a great time! :)

Edited by The Mister

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone used Carnival for the Belize Cave Tubing & Zip Line? The price is actually competitive (who knew?) But it says the drive is 1.5 hours each way.

Carnival contracts with Chukka tours. I suggest you thoroughly research Chukka before booking them. I would be hesitant to do so myself after what I have read on various sites.

Edited by The Mister

I have done the cave rubbing only with .bz. Got a great guide "Snake Man" for the tubing part. He really knew a lot about the trees, caves etc. of course he could have been making things up and we would be none the wider. Great entertainment tho. And we didn't have to carry our tubes like those who paid more and booked thru cruise lines. Food was great! Would imagine zip lining is great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Carnival contracts with Chukka tours. I suggest you thoroughly research Chukka before booking them. I would be hesitant to do so myself after what I have read on various sites.

It seems Chukka is a Jamaican company, we got hooked up with them in Ocho Rios when booking with Carnival. Their service stinked (sorry my language), we were pretty much treated like a herd of animals and paid a high price for that. We complained with the purser but got nothing but a sorry...I would not use them again.

It seems Chukka is a Jamaican company, we got hooked up with them in Ocho Rios when booking with Carnival. Their service stinked (sorry my language), we were pretty much treated like a herd of animals and paid a high price for that. We complained with the purser but got nothing but a sorry...I would not use them again.

That is the impression that I have of the service that they exported with their Belizian enterprise. The independent tour companies have been complaining that the "Chukka effect" has hurt the entire cave tubing community, since there are only two cave systems that all companies share.

They have also complained that Carnival should have contracted with a local company instead of bringing in foreigners.

Edited by The Mister

• 1 month later...

Our zip line and cave tubing shore excursion in Belize was superb. After reading a lot of reviews, we chose Shore Excursioneer as our travel agency for shore excursions on our cruise. We could have dealt with local websites but never got responses, phone lines were off, etc. With that company we got answers immediately, it was safe to book and I can say that all our excursions went as planned! We were extremely satisfied with them and will chose them again. In Belize, they have a private zip line so you do NOT stand in line as all the others, you are on private grounds with new equipment and longer/better zip lines. The tubing was fun as well, head rests, private guides, no carrying of the tubes, etc. A great surprise!

Our zip line and cave tubing shore excursion in Belize was superb. After reading a lot of reviews, we chose Shore Excursioneer as our travel agency for shore excursions on our cruise. We could have dealt with local websites but never got responses, phone lines were off, etc. With that company we got answers immediately, it was safe to book and I can say that all our excursions went as planned! We were extremely satisfied with them and will chose them again. In Belize, they have a private zip line so you do NOT stand in line as all the others, you are on private grounds with new equipment and longer/better zip lines. The tubing was fun as well, head rests, private guides, no carrying of the tubes, etc. A great surprise!

Yes, Shore Excursioneer contracts with Vitalino (cavetubing.bz). The language matches his website exactly. So I'm not surprised you had a great time.

Do the people that choose cave tubing only have to wait and watch the ones that choose cave tubing and zip lining?

Separate guides, separate groups. Tubing-only groups will go first (or, rather, as they arrive, since tenders spread them out a bit, but generally tube-only is a bit ahead of those who add on other activities).

Obviously, families will stick together whether or not everyone zips. This is what my wife will do. After all, someone has to take pictures. :) (I imagine, as with most zipline companies, they'll be more than happy to sell you a CD-R or thumb drive with their own photos as well.)

Edited by The Mister

• 3 weeks later...

I just got email back from cavetubing.bz.

sounds good to me. They have answered my emails quickly each time. I am going to book with them!

<<There is 7 lines, 11 Platforms, it is 1,000 ft long and 100 ft high. You don't have to worry about your tubes they will already be at the entrance of the caves>>

<<It is a great pleasure for me to book you with CAVETUBING.BZ for January 22nd 2015. I'll make sure that you have a lot of fun with us in Belize! Please Print the instructions on how to meet us: http://cavetubing.bz/instructions/cruise. Let me know when you have done it as that will confirm the tour with us.

No deposit needed, you pay the day of the tour with US cash, credit card (10% fee) or Travelers check. The price per person for the combination tours of Zipline and Cave Tubing is $75US. Please let me know the exact amount of person in your group, a contact number, and if any special need. The entire cave tubing and zipline tour is 5.5 to 6 hours. You will have plenty of time for both tours.

>>

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just got email back from cavetubing.bz.

sounds good to me. They have answered my emails quickly each time. I am going to book with them!

<<There is 7 lines, 11 Platforms, it is 1,000 ft long and 100 ft high. You don't have to worry about your tubes they will already be at the entrance of the caves>>

<<It is a great pleasure for me to book you with CAVETUBING.BZ for January 22nd 2015. I'll make sure that you have a lot of fun with us in Belize! Please Print the instructions on how to meet us: http://cavetubing.bz/instructions/cruise. Let me know when you have done it as that will confirm the tour with us.

No deposit needed, you pay the day of the tour with US cash, credit card (10% fee) or Travelers check. The price per person for the combination tours of Zipline and Cave Tubing is $75US. Please let me know the exact amount of person in your group, a contact number, and if any special need. The entire cave tubing and zipline tour is 5.5 to 6 hours. You will have plenty of time for both tours.

>>

I am glad you posted this, I am trying to reserve for the same date and they are telling me it's $50 to tube and $55 to zip. I have sent an email back telling them that their website shows the combo at $75 so I need to know if they are going to honor that price. Very strange. My group won't go if they charge us more.