Thoughts on Magic Eastern July 23rd-30th.. Magical Time!

sunset785

Hi all. We are back from our seven day cruise on the Magic to the Eastern Caribbean. We were a group of 10 with 4 young kids. We had a great time and I've posted my thoughts below..

Embarkation: Parking lot and entrance to cruise terminal was a nightmare. We got there about 11:15 and traffic was insane. Once we got into the terminal, we flew through security and check in.

Debarkation: Very easy and pretty quick.

Ship: Beautiful and clean! Waterworks and sports complex are great for all ages. Many things to do and explore. Layout is a bit confusing as some decks cannot be walked straight across. This was a little annoying because sometimes you had to go up or down a floor to get to the other side of ship. Pools too small and very crowded. Could use at least one more pool.

Food: Very good overall. Only meal that I wasn't impressed with was the prime rib on last night. Much better food and menu than Royal Caribbean. Coffee was blah but that was expected. Guys burgers was good and so was Blue Iguana. Didn't make it to Pig and Anchor BBQ. Sea Day Brunch was very good. Buffet lines could get long at times. Dining room singing and dancing was a ton of fun.

Entertainment: Comedy shows were great. We went to one show in the theatre with the magician. That was fun. Not many singing or dancing shows offered. Hands down, DR. E was the best cruise director I have ever had. He was so much fun. Sail away party was the best I have ever seen! I was very impressed with this!

Camp Ocean: Very secure. Kids had a great time. My son turned 2 on the second day of cruise and was able to join the 2-5 age group.

Amber Cove: Very nice pools and small kids slides and splash pad. Area was gorgeous. We stayed at pool area.

St. Thomas: We took a taxi to Coki Beach. Just beautiful. It was very crowded for only one ship in port. Decent shopping by cruise ship.

Puerto Rico: We did a city and beach tour with an outside vendor. Great information on the city. Beach was okay with waves.

Grand Turk: Beautiful. Get off ship early as the beach chairs fill up quickly.

Let me know if there is anything I can answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Sunset,

We are on the Magic for the Halloween cruise this year. I have not been on Carnival in years and have been sailing RCCL and Celebrity.

My question in about Amber Cove. I gathered from you that there is a pool there, but, in general, what is it like there?

Thanks,

Julie

Hi Sunset,

We are on the Magic for the Halloween cruise this year. I have not been on Carnival in years and have been sailing RCCL and Celebrity.

My question in about Amber Cove. I gathered from you that there is a pool there, but, in general, what is it like there?

Thanks,

Julie

We didn't venture outside of the port area. Everything is new. Pool is nice, big and clean. It's fun to people watch, watch the zip line above, and do the water slides. There is a swim up bar and restaurant. We didn't really look around at the shops because it started raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app