What time should we have shuttle pick us up from Anthem?

reggielew

Hi!

We will be traveling with our family on the Anthem of the Seas in July. If we request to depart from the ship at 8:00 am, how long should it take us to go through customs and to be ready to board the shuttle from our hotel? I need to request a time for them to pick us up.

Thanks for any information that you can give me.

Reggie

Hi!

We will be traveling with our family on the Anthem of the Seas in July. If we request to depart from the ship at 8:00 am, how long should it take us to go through customs and to be ready to board the shuttle from our hotel? I need to request a time for them to pick us up.

Thanks for any information that you can give me.

Reggie

Which hotel? What times are they offering? Are you planning to self disembark at 8:00 am?

To 138 East:

I have read a lot of valuable information that you have posted on this board and am following one of your suggestions and planning to book the Newark Ramada Plaza through Trinity Reservations. The price of the room for 1 night before the cruise includes free parking for the length of the cruise plus shuttle service up and back from the port. I can let them know what time I want the shuttle to pick us up (according to the man I spoke with at Trinity Reservations), so I want to know how much time I will need from the time that my number gets called to leave the ship until I would be outside at the curb.

A recent cruiser posted the disembarkation information, and after the group that does the self-carry for luggage, the regular numbers are called, starting about 7:00am. I know that in Ft. Lauderdale, we are always off the ship within half an hour after our number is called, but I am unfamiliar with the time frame in New Jersey.

If anyone has specific information regarding the amount of time we will need, I would appreciate your letting me know.

Thanks, Reggie

To 138 East:

I have read a lot of valuable information that you have posted on this board and am following one of your suggestions and planning to book the Newark Ramada Plaza through Trinity Reservations. The price of the room for 1 night before the cruise includes free parking for the length of the cruise plus shuttle service up and back from the port. I can let them know what time I want the shuttle to pick us up (according to the man I spoke with at Trinity Reservations), so I want to know how much time I will need from the time that my number gets called to leave the ship until I would be outside at the curb.

A recent cruiser posted the disembarkation information, and after the group that does the self-carry for luggage, the regular numbers are called, starting about 7:00am. I know that in Ft. Lauderdale, we are always off the ship within half an hour after our number is called, but I am unfamiliar with the time frame in New Jersey.

If anyone has specific information regarding the amount of time we will need, I would appreciate your letting me know.

Thanks, Reggie

Reggie,

I don't have a clear cut answer for you. You need some other opinions. I always self disembark, so basically I can walk off whenever I want.

My recollection is that I've been assigned an 8:30 time number as a D+, which was one of the earliest time slots. Tons of folks self disembark - the line was very long to do this and it took awhile for all the walk offs to actually get off.

Are you on the 5 day or the 9 day cruise in July? Can you self disembark?

Hi!

We will have too much luggage to self-embark ( 6 adults and 4 children ), so I will check out other opinions as well. In New Jersey, do the lines through customs seem to move quickly as they do in Ft. Lauderdale? When I filled out the information for Royal Caribbean, they offered a choice of times between 7:00 am and about 9:30 am for people to indicate what time they would like to disembark. Hopefully, they will honor those times, but who knows???

Thanks, Reggie