Whittier Southbound

fuzz

We are heading southbound on The Island Pricess mid May. We have transfers arranged through Princess from the hotel to Whittier on cruise day via bus and I would like to know how departure times from the hotel are assigned. We want to be able to do a Prince William Sound tour that afternoon but would need to be in Whittier reasonably early. Anyone have any info regarding this problem. For those who would suggest the train we are doing a trans continental train to Seattle so we think our train plate will be full. Thanks for your help

Hi there,

Which Sound tour are you using? What time does it leave? If it is the 26 Glacier Sound Tour, it probably won't leave until after 1pm. Princess uses the boat for one of its transfers to Valdez. I think hotel departures are around 8 or 9am. The first buses arrive in Whittier on the 12:30pm tunnel opening, I think.

Call the local Princess office in Anchorage:

907-550-7711

The buses load first come first serve, from the Egan Center- at least have in the past. You could sign up around 8am, they started leaving around 10am if I recall correctly.

With this uncertainty, I would arrange a private transfor for a fixed time. You will not have time to make a 1pm boat tour, if your bus doesn't get in until the 12:30pm tunnel opening, and you want to drop off stuff at the ship?

My TA told me I had transfers from The Captain Cook to Whitter through Princess...at this time that is all I know. I appreciate the number for the local office so that is where I will call. As for which tour I am not sure at this time. I had , in the back of my mind, to use the one offered as a Princess excursion however it is only offered on the ship therefore my concern as to arrival times. Thanks for your help everyone you have given me several directions to go and that is what I need. Thanks again

The buses to the ships run all day long, so they probably aren't going to be able to tell you a time. And there are plenty of people who are willing to wait in lines to be the "first" on the ships. Buses only hold about 50 people?? If you are on a cruisetour, they do pick up at your hotel and transfer to the ship, but I was referring to non cruisetour passengers for a pick up location. Didn't mean to confuse anyone. :)

Independent listings- http://www.anchorage.net/directory.html?cat_num=905

We are heading southbound on The Island Pricess mid May.

What sailing are you on? We are on the 22nd. I'm here trying to figure out how to get from Anchorage to the port as early as possible. The Magic Bus I was suppose to be taking doesn't leave until 3pm, arriving at 4:30

Archived