Vasanta Hotel Boutique

terigo

The Vasanta is not actually a hotel but a 'hostal'. A hostal in Spain is like a small guest house or B&B. You will see that they have a 'P' outside instead of a 'H'. They do not have star ratings like hotels.

The main difference is that it will not have all the facilities you would find in a hotel like a bar or a restaurant. This should not be a problem as there are restaurants and bars nearby.

The Vasanta has a good reputation although, for what it is, it is a bit pricey.

Yes, we are aware they are a small property. That is actually what appealed to us.

We are only paying $130.00 a night, which for that location did not feel was pricey at all.

I'm just asking to see if anyone here has actually stayed there.

Stayed there in 2013, enjoyed it very much. Loved the little terrace although no view but it was nice to sit outside with a self brought wine and snack after a Barcelona day.

Judging by the latest photos they remodeled/expanded after our stay. When we stayed there was not a reception desk, it was just in fact a really large block/appartment succesfully split up in eight or nine indepentent hotelrooms and you had to call by phone to meet up for checking in. Someone would appear from a hostel hotel in the same block and do the check in/out in the central hallway.

It went smooth but it was the only thing which we did not like. Just a personal preference, I guess it made it a bit too quiet/anonymous? :)

The boutique hotel is nicely decorated, friendly staff, was really quiet, large and clean rooms and great inroom bathroom, perfect terrace. Small supermercado around the block for small groceries.

With the makeover I would surely advise this hotel if you are in for a boutique hotel on a decent location versus price. Which I think you are! :D

:D

We had the "Terraza 6" room by the way.

Some pics of that room (from internet):

vasanta-hotel-boutique.jpg

E1037F6G.jpg

The street side rooms have a French balcony, some (to me) new rooms seem to have no outside space (going from the pictures on Tripadvisor). The terraza rooms are on the back side. And.. we saw there was one terraza room located in the centre of the block, a red tiled floor mini mini mini courtyard with blind walls all around, avoid that one. :)

Enjoy your stay! One block further down are a few small brand fashion outlets shops on Carrer de Girona 37 en 38 which are hidden gems for the shopaholic/fashionista. ;)