Renting a car need suggestions?

hbooden

We are going to be in port all day and are leaning towards renting a car...is there a place you like to rent?

Ā 

And if you have a car...where would you go? We aren't in sure need of a beach day šŸ˜„ probably going to want to have a nice lunch see some sights shop? Also not really into seeing the planes. Any suggestions?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are going to be in port all day and are leaning towards renting a car...is there a place you like to rent?

Ā 

And if you have a car...where would you go? We aren't in sure need of a beach day šŸ˜„ probably going to want to have a nice lunch see some sights shop? Also not really into seeing the planes. Any suggestions?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ā 

We have rented from Hertz at the pier on 3 occasions and would highly recommend them. We usually go to Marigot for the views from the port, stroll the Market and have iced coffee and pastries from Serafina's bakery. For lunch we love Grand Case and pick a spot with a great view of the ocean and Creole Rock.

We have rented from Hertz at the pier on 3 occasions and would highly recommend them. We usually go to Marigot for the views from the port, stroll the Market and have iced coffee and pastries from Serafina's bakery. For lunch we love Grand Case and pick a spot with a great view of the ocean and Creole Rock.

Ā 

Good suggestion for a non-beach port call at St. Maarten. With this itinerary, however, you might find it simpler to just taxi from the pier to Marigot, then to Grand Case, then back to Phillipsburg. Total cost would be comparable, but you would save the fair amount of time involved in renting the car, getting to the car, then dropping it off.

Ā 

Oops. The views are from the fort not the port.:o. Also there are two beaches in Grand Case in case you do want to spend part of your day at a beach.

Ā 

We do like having a car for the freedom to change our plans due to weather or beach conditions but like the other poster mentioned for easy to reach places like Marigot, Grand Case and Philipsburg you might want to consider just using taxis.

Are there any other rental companies at the pier aside from Hertz?

Ā 

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Ā 

As mentioned on the thread that you started, Coastal is also at the pier. I am not sure of the others myself. Since Hertz bailed us out the day Arthur's stood us up we have not looked into any other car rental agencies at the pier and just book with Hertz. My DS and DBIL use Coastal and have never had an issue with them either.

As mentioned on the thread that you started, Coastal is also at the pier. I am not sure of the others myself. Since Hertz bailed us out the day Arthur's stood us up we have not looked into any other car rental agencies at the pier and just book with Hertz. My DS and DBIL use Coastal and have never had an issue with them either.

Ā 

Thanks! It's so hard to figure out exactly who is at the pier or not. Will try the rates on Hertz and Coastal.

Ā 

Thanks! It's so hard to figure out exactly who is at the pier or not. Will try the rates on Hertz and Coastal.

Ā 

Ā 

I would feel comfortable renting from either of those companies myself. You may want to google car rental agencies at Dock Maarten as I heard that there was one there as well. It's only a five minute walk so if it gets good reviews and saves some money it might be another good option.

I would feel comfortable renting from either of those companies myself. You may want to google car rental agencies at Dock Maarten as I heard that there was one there as well. It's only a five minute walk so if it gets good reviews and saves some money it might be another good option.

Ā 

Awesome! Thanks again!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hertz office where you pick up your keys is at the port but then you are bused to their cat lot/garage where you actually pick up your vehicle

Hertz office where you pick up your keys is at the port but then you are bused to their cat lot/garage where you actually pick up your vehicle

Ā 

Not on the 3 occasions that we rented. The last time was March 2013. Did this change? We just walked across the street to their lot and were on our way in no time.