Timing from Port to Vatican

White Cloud

We are staying in Rome post cruise in July at the Albergo Del Senato. In my haste to make sure we were able to receive tickets for the Scavi tour at the Vatican, I included our day that we come in to port as an option for the tour. Less than 12 hours later, I receive our confirmation that we are on the 11:00 am tour on our arrival day.

With the ship arriving at 5:00 am, and the fact that we are reserving Romecabs for our transfer, is it doable to go to the hotel to check in and make it to the Vatican by 10:45?? Thanks!

You will have plenty of time. We got off the ship at 6am, waited for shuttle to leave port (6:20) walked to train(15 minutes) waited for train, left at 7:12. Had an over 1 hour train trip, walked to St Peter's and after all that we were in St Peter's by 9am(even after checking bags) Enjoy!!

You will have plenty of time. We got off the ship at 6am, waited for shuttle to leave port (6:20) walked to train(15 minutes) waited for train, left at 7:12. Had an over 1 hour train trip, walked to St Peter's and after all that we were in St Peter's by 9am(even after checking bags) Enjoy!!

That is really fast! Thanks so much for the assurance!