Unknown private island from 2002 cruise

Mooguy

We were on the Carnival Pride in 2002. And went to a private island but can't remember the name, I thought it was HMC but after digging up these few photos I don't think it was. Can anyone tell from these pictures where we were?

5752b84cba062f1033c223d035a76cb1.jpgf58204038876a8530022fab1fde4f3d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm pretty sure it's Nassau Blue Lagoon Island. Check out the pictures on their website.

I think that's it, wonder how that ended up being our stop? I definitely did not book an excursion to that.

I think that's it, wonder how that ended up being our stop? I definitely did not book an excursion to that.

I believe back in 2002 Carnival Pride made a stop at Salt Cay (Known as Blue Lagoon Island). It was a tender. Now it is an excursion from Nassau and when Carnival passengers are in port I don't think they allow other people there. I could be wrong. There is a ferry also that leaves Paradise Island but I think you have to be on a paid tour.

• 1 month later...

We went to a private island on a celebrity cruise about that time to Catalina Island in the Dominican Republic. It was really close to Casa De Campo because we docked there that evening.

I don't remember it from the pictures but maybe??

We went to a private island on a celebrity cruise about that time to Catalina Island in the Dominican Republic. It was really close to Casa De Campo because we docked there that evening.

I don't remember it from the pictures but maybe??

I was at Catalina also in 2001. I loved it. However the picture the OP posted doesn't look like Catalina. It kinda looks Bahamas's like.

Catalina had a nice small island feel. Not much to do but to sit on beach and eat the buffet. Fine by me on our honeymoon! Pretty remote. That's why we loved it. I remember snorkeling near the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums