Getting from Boston Port to Downtown Boston

Aggie83

Looking for suggestions on the best way to get from the Boston Black Falcon Cruise Terminal to the sights in Boston, such as the Freedom Trail? I figured Boston would be a port my husband and I would do without a formal tour, but I'm not entirely sure the best way to get into Boston from the port.

Now it may have changed, but when we were in Boston in 2009 they offered a ship shuttle that was under $5pp that took everyone directly to Quincy Market which is the hub. From there it is very easy to walk the city, or catch a water taxi over to the constitution etc.

You can take the Silver Line SL2 bus from Black Falcon Ave. to South Station, follow the signs to transfer to the Red Line direction Alewife, and go 2 stops to Park St. The start of the Freedom Trail and the info booth are right there in Boston Common. The "T" is $2/pp.

If you follow the Freedom Trail, you will go through the Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall area. You can walk out to the Constitution, but you can also take the water taxi from Long Wharf for $1.70/pp.

We took a taxi and found it cheaper than the cruise shuttle for the 2 of us and allowed us the freedom to go exactly when and where we wanted. They were lined up out front and a worker was matching folks up with one another to share cabs to mutual destinations. Easy option.

Archived