Cape Town dining

PaulaJK

There are a gazillion restaurants and cafes at the V&A Waterfront so tons of opportunities for lunch and dinner. Willoughby & Co is highly recommended but every time we walked past it was packed with a queue of people waiting to get in.

However there is one place I can recommend for lunch and that is Mariner's Wharf Restaurant at Hout Bay. Wonderful seafood in a beautiful setting and reasonably priced.

You can get there on one of the HOHO bus routes.

I'm sure there will be other posters who have specific recommendations. Unfortunately there were so many restaurants at V&A I just can't recall names and we were there in May :eek:

Enjoy your time in Cape Town. We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 day stay after our cruise.

I agree with bronte2 about Mariner's Wharf in Hout Bay - great place to eat with views towards Chapman's Peak Drive (a must-do drive if you have a car - although it is now a tolled road).

You can eat in the restaurant upstairs or you can sit downstairs outside at the takeout restaurant on the pier. Just watch out for the seagulls who would love to share your meal :)

Willoughby and Co is a great restaurant. Yes there is a queue as they call it, but it moves quickly. Reasonable and the fact that the restaurant is full of locals, tells you that the food is fantastic.

There was a pub across from the V&A, lots of outside seating that had good food as well. Sorry, can't remember the name.

Restaurant by the boat to Nelson Mandela's prison island, was good too for lunch.

Just about anywhere you go, the food is good.