Hotels in Seattle pre-cruise

suzyed

We are looking for a decent hotel in Seattle pre cruise...one located where we can see a little of Seattle but not be so far from the pier.

Are there any with shuttle service from the airport and/or the cruise terminal? Thanks.

We are looking for a decent hotel in Seattle pre cruise...one located where we can see a little of Seattle but not be so far from the pier.

Are there any with shuttle service from the airport and/or the cruise terminal? Thanks.

I'll start on this; I'm sure others will have additional information.

I don't know of any downtown hotels with airport service, but you might find one with a package. We always take a limo - @$45 including tip. About the same as a cab, but a whole lot nicer.

When I have minimal luggage, or just being frugal, I catch the bus. It's @ $1.50 and lets me off in the free zone.

My favorite downtown spots are the Edgewater and the Mayflower, although if money were no object, I would surround myself in the luxury of the Olympic or go with the boutique pleasure of Inn at the Market.

The Edgewater is on the pier next to Bell St pier. It's the place where the Beatle's went fishing off their balcony. There is an uninterrupted view of the beautiful Sound and the Olympic Mts. If the island you see out your window starts calling you like a rainy Bali Hai, you can come visit for @ a $7.00 round trip ferry ticket.

The Mayflower is my favorite "shopping day" hotel. It has an inside access to Westlake Center, the downtown shopping mall, and is across the street from Nordstrom and within walking distance of everything else.

The Olympic - what can I say? I'm sure they would give you a ride to the terminal. It's all about perfection. The best I've been able to swing is a fabulous dinner and a couple wonderful lunches. Someday I will toss my frugal ways to the wind and indulge for a night.

Inn at the Market is called a european boutique, but I think it's nicer than the ones I saw on my last trip to Europe. It is right at the market, lots of funky shopping, try to get a view of the Sound.

I know I haven't given you any budget options, but in Seattle I've found the price difference between a great hotel and an average one is small.

No hotel sponsored shuttles from SEA-Tac to downtown, unfortunately. Taxi about $38.00 one way for two, van shuttle about the same, airport bus about $11.00 per person.

http://www.shuttleexpress.com

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

Hotels downtown run from about $300.00 per night for two people, before 12% hotel tax, to upwards of $1000.00 per night. There are exceptions, and I'm told that you can get a decent price on priceline.com if you book early, though I have never tried that, and am a little leery of internet auction type sites to begin with.

All of the hotels that the previous poster mentioned are wonderful, but they do fall into the "not cheap" category.

Thanks for all the suggestions-will check them out.

Priceline is great...have used it many time and gotten fantastic deals. Places I have used Priceline- New Orleans(3 times), Key West(4 times), Alberquerque, Orlando(4 times), Miami, London, Las Vegas...well worth the risk! We stayed at most of the above in luxury hotels(4 star or better) for $120 or less, with the exception of the London and Las Vegas hotels which were more in the $200 range.

We used Priceline for our hotel for May 23, 24. We bid on a 4 star and got the Klimpton Vintage Park hotel. Does anyone know anything about it? It is close to Pike market? Any stores to pick up wine, water and soda?

Any good but not too expensive restaurants nearby? This is our first time using Priceline.

Thanks for your help.

Hotel is about 1.25-1.5 miles uphill from Pike Place Market, which is at 1st AV and Pike St. (Hotel is at 5th and Seneca).

State store for purchase of spirits is at the corner of 2nd and Seneca (about three blocks downhill from the Vintage Park).

There are a couple of wine stores in the Market, I am told but, since I don't drink, I know nothing about them.

I would check some of the travel websites, I did a search for May 2 for one night 2 adults and have found lots of hotels in the downtown Seattle area, one example is the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Seattle Downtown for $190 with tax. Looks to have gotten good reviews and it is within walking distance (about 7 blocks) from the main shopping area and about a mile to the Pike Place Market. One review said there is a shuttle that will drop you off in the downtown shopping area. You would probably need to catch a taxi to the pier, but it wouldn't be more than $15. I would call the hotel and double check.

I would check some of the travel websites, I did a search for May 2 for one night 2 adults and have found lots of hotels in the downtown Seattle area, one example is the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Seattle Downtown for $190 with tax. Looks to have gotten good reviews and it is within walking distance (about 7 blocks) from the main shopping area and about a mile to the Pike Place Market. One review said there is a shuttle that will drop you off in the downtown shopping area. You would probably need to catch a taxi to the pier, but it wouldn't be more than $15. I would call the hotel and double check.

Thanks for the info...will check it out. ;)

Hotel is about 1.25-1.5 miles uphill from Pike Place Market, which is at 1st AV and Pike St. (Hotel is at 5th and Seneca).

State store for purchase of spirits is at the corner of 2nd and Seneca (about three blocks downhill from the Vintage Park).

There are a couple of wine stores in the Market, I am told but, since I don't drink, I know nothing about them.

Karen,

Thanks for the info. You are really helpful.

I did priceline and got the Seattle Sheridan...looks like it's location is good. I am sure its not lux like some of the others mentioned..but I am sure it will be fine for one night pre-cruise. Any feedback?

We used Priceline for our hotel for May 23, 24. We bid on a 4 star and got the Klimpton Vintage Park hotel. Does anyone know anything about it? It is close to Pike market? Any stores to pick up wine, water and soda?

Any good but not too expensive restaurants nearby? This is our first time using Priceline.

Thanks for your help.

What was your winning bid?? I am going on Priceline this weekend for those dates and the weekend after and wondering were to start.

Thanks

rather than all the worrying and risk of using priceline or something we just booked at the Hilton Seattle. It looks like a nice hotel, great location and the rates aren't to bad for when we are going...sometimes its just best to pay that little extra to insure quality

What was your winning bid?? I am going on Priceline this weekend for those dates and the weekend after and wondering were to start.

Thanks

The accepted bid was $90.00

rather than all the worrying and risk of using priceline or something we just booked at the Hilton Seattle. It looks like a nice hotel, great location and the rates aren't to bad for when we are going...sometimes its just best to pay that little extra to insure quality

Somehow, I feel your comment is a slam to me. The hotel, although I haven't stayed in it, is a 4 star hotel. I feel that should be a quality hotel. The location of the hotel is great too. Each one of us decides what's important and as long as the hotel is a 4 star, that's fine with me. I don't need to pay the "little extra" which is more than double the price I am paying ($239) a night to stay at the Hilton.

Enjoy.

Somehow, I feel your comment is a slam to me. The hotel, although I haven't stayed in it, is a 4 star hotel. I feel that should be a quality hotel. The location of the hotel is great too. Each one of us decides what's important and as long as the hotel is a 4 star, that's fine with me. I don't need to pay the "little extra" which is more than double the price I am paying ($239) a night to stay at the Hilton.

Enjoy.

I am a total Pricline convert! Two successful wins at great prices convince me! We won the Spring Hill Suites, downtown Seattle for $69 a night with a free full breakfast and shuttle. What more could you want? AAA rate was $180. We also won the Marriott in Orlando for $70.

I don't think I could ever go back and book thru the hotel again. If you do your research you are practically assured of staying where you want. I had backup ressies at both those hotels because thats where we wanted to stay. I took the plunge, and saved soooooo much money!

Archived