Queen Mary 2 Captain

joschus

If my memory serves me right someone asked him if he missed being at home for xmas and he replied he would be spending this Xmas at home and is returning for the world tour...but I could have dreamt it..:-)

At the Q&A in the Theatre with the Cruise Director on the 27th November 2012 eastbound transatlantic voyage, Captain Chris Wells said that he would be disembarking QM-2 in Southampton on 4th December, would have Xmas at home and return to sea on 6th January 2013 on Queen Elizabeth. How do I remember - my wife and I were doing exactly the same thing, as passengers of course!

I am on board at the moment and yes the Captain is Kevin Oprey.

Also Ray Rouse has not retired and is the current cruise director.

however all this may change on January 10th for the start of the world cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rouse was probably brought back from retirement as a stop-gap to replace Keith Maynard who left the Company. Rouse had definitely retired and been appointed as a Cunard Ambassador.

Rouse was probably brought back from retirement as a stop-gap to replace Keith Maynard who left the Company. Rouse had definitely retired and been appointed as a Cunard Ambassador.

Cap'n - You are probably right about Ray. Keith Maynard seemed to leave fairly rapidly to pursue a career in TV, I heard. It's a shame as I considered Keith to be one of the better Cruise Directors.

Incidentally, it's unlike you to show ' Future Cruises ?' Are you underwater and unable to get to Southampton?!!

Cap'n - You are probably right about Ray. Keith Maynard seemed to leave fairly rapidly to pursue a career in TV, I heard. It's a shame as I considered Keith to be one of the better Cruise Directors.

Incidentally, it's unlike you to show ' Future Cruises ?' Are you underwater and unable to get to Southampton?!!

No just pondering what to do and when. Fortunately I live at the top of a small 75 foot hill so to get flooding here would be quite serious :)

Keith Maynard was supposed to be Cruise Director on the current voyage but was signed off sick. He told me he will not return as he is pursuing opportunities in television. He was replaced by Eddie for the last TA.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know who the captain/s will be for the QM2 world voyage?

I suspect that Commodore Rynd will be on board taking the QM2 from Sydney to Sydney, around New Zealand, given he is a New Zealander.

This suggests to me that he might be in command for the second half of the world cruise, with the change-over of command taking place (as usual) in Sydney.

Does anyone know who the captain/s will be for the QM2 world voyage?

Commodore Rynd is master from Southampton to Sydney and the cirumnavigation round NZ....not sure who is on from Sydney but hope he (or she) is half as entertaining as the Commodore...(and his blonde bomshell of a lovely wife)...(.....just in case she is reading this...lol.)..hoping the margauritta mix will be restocked by the time i get on in Sydney.:ohic

Commodore Rynd is master from Southampton to Sydney and the cirumnavigation round NZ....not sure who is on from Sydney but hope he (or she) is half as entertaining as the Commodore...(and his blonde bomshell of a lovely wife)...(.....just in case she is reading this...lol.)..hoping the margauritta mix will be restocked by the time i get on in Sydney.:ohic

Thanks Roscoe - It seems from your information that the Commodore will be doing quite a lengthy tour of duty on the forthcoming world cruise - until 19 March.

Louise

Thanks Roscoe - It seems from your information that the Commodore will be doing quite a lengthy tour of duty on the forthcoming world cruise - until 19 March.

Louise

Yes I think its normal for the masters to do half the world, my experience in the past is that the halfway point is changeover, which explains why it is usually sydney.

One of the best lecturers Ive had on Cunard is on the QM2 through to the suez, Christine Rousell, youll be in for a treat if shes on while you are, i think she is on till dubai..... Very interesting historian and a very amusing storyteller..... I was so disappointed in missing her I considered swopping sectors!

You cheeky devil :D

Archived