Cabins??

danviking

Look at the pictures on their website and you will see an accurate depiction of the Viking cabins. We did an impromptu Viking Danube cruise last spring and we were very impressed to see that our cabin was exactly as depicted. We were in the lowest cabin for that ship and it was perfectly fine. We saved money and there are so many decks and sitting areas available we really only slept and dressed in our cabin. I heard some people say that they had signed on early in order to get a lower cabin. We have booked another Viking cruise this fall and the ship does not have French balconies, but larger windows, and we have committed for the upgrade just because that's what is available on our particular sailing date. Just as some theaters say, "there are no bad seats!"

• 2 weeks later...

Tastes are all different. Some do not mind a small cabin with a small window or no window because they just "sleep and clean up there. True it is more economical that way.

We wish for a balcony and we use it as well as a larger room. That's where we relax after a long day of rigorous tours. That is our taste and we will pay for it! Look at pictures and know what you can and cannot live without! ;)

Tastes are all different. Some do not mind a small cabin with a small window or no window because they just "sleep and clean up there. True it is more economical that way.

We wish for a balcony and we use it as well as a larger room. That's where we relax after a long day of rigorous tours. That is our taste and we will pay for it! Look at pictures and know what you can and cannot live without! ;)

All cabins on Viking have windows. I'm sure other River cruise lines do also.

I never worry about the size of the cabin as I go to see things and at the end of the day after all those tours I am only in the cabin to sleep.

We've been on Viking, Uniworld and AMA in Cat B cabins. Viking and Uniworld had very large windows that opened and AMA had a French balcony. The rooms were very similar in size and layout. I would not like the cabins with the little window up high nor the pullman style cabins(GCT and Vantage). On the AMA cruise I got very sick and was confined to my cabin for a couple of days. Without a decent size window I wouldn't have even been able to enjoy the beautiful sights in between my constant run to the bathroom and from what I've heard the day couches are hard as rocks and not very condusive to a nap for someone not up to par.

On our first cruise on the Seine we liked our big window that opened. We've chosen a French balcony for our next cruise. We would be unhappy with a small, high window that we couldn't look out while enjoying a rest. Hubby liked seeing out while he kicked back and rested in the afternoon or before dinner. I loved watching the nighttime scenery as we cruised after retiring and early in the morning. Room size was of less consideration for us than the window. It's a personal decision. Just enjoy.

Archived