Castles on the Rhine optional excursion advice and more

crystallake

In a little over two weeks we will be on the River Antoinette and would appreciate any advice on the Optional excursions. Also, we have twelve in our group. Will it be necessary for us to have two tables at dinner? Any suggestions on dinner places in Amsterdam?

I have no advice for you, except perhaps for Amsterdam to look for an Indonesian restaurant, if you like that sort of thing. And to avoid the main tourist thoroughfares, as the restaurants are big tourist traps.

But I do hope you report back on the Antoinette, since this brand-new ship seems very exciting to me.

In a little over two weeks we will be on the River Antoinette and would appreciate any advice on the Optional excursions. Also, we have twelve in our group. Will it be necessary for us to have two tables at dinner? Any suggestions on dinner places in Amsterdam?

I sailed on the Antoinette last November and I don't remember any tables seating more than 8. I really can't comment on the optional excursions since due to extremely low water levels our itinerary had to be changed. However, the ship is beautiful! If you want to have a quiet drink, I highly recommend the Leopard Lounge...very nice :) Have a wonderful trip!

Crystallake-

Does this mean you're on the SS Antoinette March 25-Apr 1st? If so, so are we! DH is taking me on this trip to celebrate overcoming a big hurdle in our lives. Just rec'd my trip docs and was trying to decide on the Heidelsberg Castle and Marksburg Castle "irresistible optional excursions" as well. Would love to hear from you.:)

Well worth visiting, as you can see most of the interior. I would not advise it however if you have walking issues. There is a short but steep uphill walk to get to it, and the initial "stairway" going into the castle is downhill, quite rocky and can be slippery. There is also an interior stairway the is very steep and narrow, and difficult to negotiate. Beautiful castle though and we enjoyed it greatly.

Cheers,

Yes I am traveling with a group of friends on these dates. Several of us are from the Chicago area, one from Michigan, two from California and one from Florida. A few of us went on the River Beatrice a couple of years and absolutely loved it. I guess our enthusiasm was contagious because now we have a group of twelve for this trip.

Archived