Costa Maya after 6 p.m.

GACruiser14

We are in port from 1 p.m. until 9 p.m. on 7/26. We have an excursion that will last until approximately 6 p.m. (Chacchoben tour with Native Choice). Is there anything worth doing in the evening, or should we just plan on getting back to the ship and getting dinner on board? Your suggestions are appreciated!

It's still light outside.

There are places along the malecon that will be open. Fernando's for dinner. Nacional Beach Club's Bar, the Bar at 40 Cannones, Tropicante's sister place, Busters, etc. There is a thriving small community of ex pats and lots of divers coming in to land vacations.

But it would be for drinks and dinner, not sure if that late is conducive to starting beach lounging for a couple of hours. But it's your choice ship or malecon. Avoid the port area's 2 well overpriced bars/restaurants.

Was just there last week..... Costa Maya and Chacchben/Native Choice. It was a blast but VERY hot and humid, was too much for my 7 year old. Not a ton of walking but you do get a decent amount in. So you may be ready for the ship depending on fitness level and heat tolerance (you do get an hour to cool off). We did not do the Malecon, but I thought the port area was pretty decent compared to most port areas. P. S. See if you can get David as your tour guide. He was excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums