Southern Caribbean wheelchair access

kaffy103

Hi everyone,

I am looking for information about wheelchair access in the Southern Caribbean. We are traveling on Celebrity Eclipse November 27, 2016.

The islands we are visiting Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts,St. Maarten and back to Miami Florida.

I would like to know if anyone in a power chair has visited any of these islands and has any tips or tricks for getting around, things to see and do, and conversely things to not do. My interests are local attractions, shopping and eating :) I would like to go to the beach but I don't want to spend all of my time looking at beaches.

I am a quadriplegic so there will be no "climbing of a few stairs" to get on tour buses or any other transportation.

I would appreciate any advice from fellow wheelchair users.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Kathy

Barbados is pretty handicap friendly. St. Lucia was a little more difficult, but I rarely got out of the suv we hired to give us a tour. I'd you are unable to transfer to a car then you will need to find services in advance. I find private tours to be the best way to go so it's customized to my needs and I don't worry about holding others up.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for information about wheelchair access in the Southern Caribbean. We are traveling on Celebrity Eclipse November 27, 2016.

The islands we are visiting Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts,St. Maarten and back to Miami Florida.

I would like to know if anyone in a power chair has visited any of these islands and has any tips or tricks for getting around, things to see and do, and conversely things to not do. My interests are local attractions, shopping and eating :) I would like to go to the beach but I don't want to spend all of my time looking at beaches.

I am a quadriplegic so there will be no "climbing of a few stairs" to get on tour buses or any other transportation.

I would appreciate any advice from fellow wheelchair users.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Kathy

You may find the following links helpful

Aruba http://www.accessiblecaribbeanvacations.com/aruba-disabled-access

St. Maarten http://www.accessiblecaribbeanvacations.com/st-maarten-disabled-access

Re: Barbados , St. Maarten, St. Lucia and Antiqua this link is also interesting http://www.worldonwheelz.com/Travel%20Reviews/ILCWR%20Group%20Cruise%202009.htm

Edited by xxoocruiser