BCN Travel and Barcelona Day Tours Questions?

I have looked on this forum and I see where some people who have used BCN Travel and some that have used Barcelona Day Tours. I am looking for someone that have used both so I can have an idea which is better. Anyone out there that has used both? I would like your feedback on the good and/or bad of the two.

• 3 weeks later...

I booked and paid in advance for a transfer from the Barcelona Airport to my Hotel with BCN Travel...for Sept 8, 2015 as stated on my paperwork.

August 10/15 my travel agent received an email that I had missed my pick up as I wasn't at their shuttle pick up point. I ordered a private car. Something is definitely wrong!

Problem ...my booking is for SEPT 8, 2015 ...not AUGUST 8, 2015.

My travel agent has emailed them 2x so far...NO Response...so I'm now wondering if I got ripped off?

Any suggestions?

Pat

I booked and paid in advance for a transfer from the Barcelona Airport to my Hotel with BCN Travel...for Sept 8, 2015 as stated on my paperwork.

August 10/15 my travel agent received an email that I had missed my pick up as I wasn't at their shuttle pick up point. I ordered a private car. Something is definitely wrong!

My travel agent has emailed them 2x so far...NO Response...so I'm now wondering if I got ripped off?

Any suggestions?

Pat

As insanemagnet said in the other thread where you posted this.

If your travel agent sent a booking for 9/8/2015, then in Europe that is the 9th August 2015.

It is the convention to use day then month, not month then day.

Any suggestions?

Pat

As already said, this does sound like the classic mistake made by travel agents in the US and Canada who forget that in Europe we write the date before the month not the other way round. Sadly this happens far more often than you would expect.

If this is the case you may be able to claim lost money/make a new booking for the correct date from your travel agent as it is their mistake but they may say that you should have double checked all paperwork yourselves.

If your paperwork is correctly dated it looks as though the error is at the Barcelona end in which case the car company should provide another vehicle on the correct date - preferably an upgrade or with some financial refund to make up for your stress.

I sincerely hope that you get a satisfactory outcome.

Perhaps this is a good time to remind everyone in the US or Canada travelling to Europe to double check their own paperwork to make sure that they have no problems with dates.

On my booking confirmation it is written as "08 Sept 2015".

I can certainly understand how a mistake can be made if using just numbers. Some people put the month first other people put the day first and as you mentioned Europe is a day ahead due to time zones. Very confusing for sure.

Good advise to check booking dates.

My concern is... my travel agent can't seem to get a reply from BCN Travel for a correction and the assurance that I'll have a car/driver waiting for me when I arrive in Barcelona.

Hopefully BCN Travel will reply soon or I'll just have to chalk it up to live and learn and warn others that they might not be a good choice.

Thank You for your thoughts.

Pat :)

On my booking confirmation it is written as "08 Sept 2015".

I can certainly understand how a mistake can be made if using just numbers. Some people put the month first other people put the day first and as you mentioned Europe is a day ahead due to time zones. Very confusing for sure.

Good advise to check booking dates.

My concern is... my travel agent can't seem to get a reply from BCN Travel for a correction and the assurance that I'll have a car/driver waiting for me when I arrive in Barcelona.

Hopefully BCN Travel will reply soon or I'll just have to chalk it up to live and learn and warn others that they might not be a good choice.

Thank You for your thoughts.

Pat :)

As you posted in your other thread, this has been resolved since BCN admitted a glitch. Too bad that the OP for this thread only saw your negative posts so might not have known that BCN is a very reputable company.

To OP: whichever you choose, both BCN and Barcelona Day Tours are excellent companies.

Hey, OP... I could not help notice your username and I just found this tour company in barcelona that you might be interested in. Google Barcelona Dragon Tours... I have not used them but am seriously considering booking one of their tours for my trip.

As you posted in your other thread, this has been resolved since BCN admitted a glitch. Too bad that the OP for this thread only saw your negative posts so might not have known that BCN is a very reputable company.

To OP: whichever you choose, both BCN and Barcelona Day Tours are excellent companies.

I am still doing my research and I have time as my trip is not until August 2016. Thanks for the information.

Hey, OP... I could not help notice your username and I just found this tour company in barcelona that you might be interested in. Google Barcelona Dragon Tours... I have not used them but am seriously considering booking one of their tours for my trip.

I will look them up and check out the reviews. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm back from my 35 day cruise on the Emerald Princess.

I'd like to share my experience with BCN Travel...in Barcelona, Spain. As posted previously there was a mix up in my car service booking. This was corrected...mistake their end...computer glitch they say. Before leaving I reconfirmed with them that my driver would be there to pick me up. I was a little anxious as this was my 1st solo cruise. They replied assuring me not to worry that my driver would be there and easy to find.

NOT so...when I arrived there was NO Driver for me...lots of others got their driver (different companies) but no one for me. I then tried to call their 24/7 emergency help number...tried 3 different times before someone picked up!! Then the gal had to find my reservation, this seemed like it took forever but in the end she found it. She said a driver would be there in 15 minutes...20 minutes later a fellow shows up with my name on a sign. We get to his vehicle...he was a TAXI driver not a private car service driver!! I could have done that on my own! But since I had to pay for this car service in advance I wanted that service to come through for me. In the end I had a nice taxi driver with limited English but he got me to my hotel safely.

I understand others have used BCN Travel with no problems but the above was my experience with this company. I will probably not use them again in the future.

Pat

I'm back from my 35 day cruise on the Emerald Princess.

I'd like to share my experience with BCN Travel...in Barcelona, Spain. As posted previously there was a mix up in my car service booking. This was corrected...mistake their end...computer glitch they say. Before leaving I reconfirmed with them that my driver would be there to pick me up. I was a little anxious as this was my 1st solo cruise. They replied assuring me not to worry that my driver would be there and easy to find.

NOT so...when I arrived there was NO Driver for me...lots of others got their driver (different companies) but no one for me. I then tried to call their 24/7 emergency help number...tried 3 different times before someone picked up!! Then the gal had to find my reservation, this seemed like it took forever but in the end she found it. She said a driver would be there in 15 minutes...20 minutes later a fellow shows up with my name on a sign. We get to his vehicle...he was a TAXI driver not a private car service driver!! I could have done that on my own! But since I had to pay for this car service in advance I wanted that service to come through for me. In the end I had a nice taxi driver with limited English but he got me to my hotel safely.

I understand others have used BCN Travel with no problems but the above was my experience with this company. I will probably not use them again in the future.

Pat

Thanks for the information.