Diamond Princess gratuities whilst in Australian waters

its been said on the princess FB page by the moderators that whilst the Diamond Princess will be in australian waters

gratuities will be charged daily for voyages from November 2014 - March 2015. Any changes to onboard currency or policies affecting specific bookings will be communicated to passengers

people were under the impression that aussie dont pay the gratuities whilst princess is sailing in australian waters so the question was asked on FB and the moderator responded

people were under the impression that aussie dont pay the gratuities whilst princess is sailing in australian waters so the question was asked on FB and the moderator responded

At the moment Diamond Princess is still under Princess US using US$ so yes the gratuities are still added. The only ones that are not are the three sisters, Sea, Dawn and Sun which are under the Princess Australia banner and uses AU$.

Hi Eileen

Just disembarked Sun Princess in Kobe and although we were charged in US$, our daily gratutities were removed by the cruise line, however they added the 15% surcharge to all drinks etc.

I will let you know what they do on the Diamond, next week, when we board.

Nicki

Hi Eileen

Just disembarked Sun Princess in Kobe and although we were charged in US$, our daily gratutities were removed by the cruise line, however they added the 15% surcharge to all drinks etc.

I will let you know what they do on the Diamond, next week, when we board.

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

That is really strange that they charged in US$ on the Sun Princess. Maybe they have changed it since being based in Asia now.

Hi Nicki' date='

That is really strange that they charged in US$ on the Sun Princess. Maybe they have changed it since being based in Asia now.[/quote']

On the Sun Princess last year, around Japan in June, not departing from Sydney, we were also charged in US$. At least we were forewarned, so no nasty surprises!

I will keep in touch.

Nicki

I prefer to prepay the gratuities anyway, so if they are built into the price or not doesn't matter for me.:D

We are booked on the Diamond in jan 2015 Tassie cruise and the gratuities are already included in the price

We are booked on the Diamond in jan 2015 Tassie cruise and the gratuities are already included in the price

if your TA says the gratuities are included in the fare make sure you print out a copy and take it on your cruise because going by the princess moderator on facebook the gratuities will be charged to your account whilst shes sailing in australian waters from november 2014 to march 2015

if your TA says the gratuities are included in the fare make sure you print out a copy and take it on your cruise because going by the princess moderator on facebook the gratuities will be charged to your account whilst shes sailing in australian waters from november 2014 to march 2015

Thanks but yes I have an invoice from the TA stating gratuities are included in price which I will take a copy with us

Best to always have the paperwork just in case.:D

Hi Mic

Bit of topic but we headed up your way over Easter starting to get a bit cool couldn't get over the amount of traffic coming down the mountain , good for the business on the coast

Yeh your right always take paperwork

Hi Mic

Bit of topic but we headed up your way over Easter starting to get a bit cool couldn't get over the amount of traffic coming down the mountain , good for the business on the coast

Yeh your right always take paperwork

Yes, Canberra empties out and a lot of them go to the coast for some warmer weather and a last beach holiday for the season.:D