Dolphin Jet Boat Tour Reviews?

jormot

I don't 100% trust trip advisor. Has anyone had personal experience with Dolphin Jet Boats? We want to to a small whale watching tour but we have the Northstar Trekking glacier trek booked at Noon so we need an evening whale watch. Dolphin Jet Boat offers a 5pm and then Allen Marine has a 5:30pm tour but it has about 150 people. I really wanted to do H&M but they leave at 4:30 which only leaves us 15 minutes between tours. Cutting it too close for me! Hoping to hear some real reviews from the experts on this board!

We were on a Dolphin boat this summer and had no problems. We have been with Harv & Marv in the past and frankly I preferred the six-person boat, but this time we had a larger group that included kids, so Dolphin worked better for us. There seemed to be enough viewing spots on the boat.

It turned out to be good that we booked with Dolphin anyway, since three days before our cruise Norwegian flipped port days. Dolphin was able to accommodate us with rescheduling, which might not have been the case with smaller operators.

I would have no hesitation booking Dolphin again if for some reason we couldn't do a six-person boat.

We were on a Dolphin boat this summer and had no problems. We have been with Harv & Marv in the past and frankly I preferred the six-person boat, but this time we had a larger group that included kids, so Dolphin worked better for us. There seemed to be enough viewing spots on the boat.

It turned out to be good that we booked with Dolphin anyway, since three days before our cruise Norwegian flipped port days. Dolphin was able to accommodate us with rescheduling, which might not have been the case with smaller operators.

I would have no hesitation booking Dolphin again if for some reason we couldn't do a six-person boat.

thank you for your response, how many people were on your boat?

I wrote about our whale-watching experience with Dolphin Jet Boat Tours this past September in my review (titled Review of Star Princess Fairbanks to Vancouver Aug. 30 - Sept. 10, 2016)

Here is what I posted:

"We went whale watching with Dolphin Jet Boat Tours. Captain John & the naturalist Ashley did an excellent job. It was an exceptional day! We saw lots of harbor seals & humpback whales. I especially enjoyed a bunch of steller sea lions hanging out on a buoy – one (clearly not alpha) kept trying to get onto the buoy, and the others kept pushing him away. I felt sorry for him, but it was also hilarious to watch. Then Captain John got a tip from his wife in another boat, so we raced off to find a huge pod of orca (killer) whales. We stayed and watched them play fairly close by. Our boat only had 11 people on it and it felt very comfortable. At the end, we got a bagel with salmon spread on it that helped us not get hungry."

Personally, I liked the size of the boat. It wasn't so small that we felt every wave, but there was room for more people and it felt very comfortable. I would definitely book with them again!

thank you for your response, how many people were on your boat?

I believe it was 32. They have boats of different sizes but they would not guarantee where we would be (I asked when making the reservation). And as it turned out, with switching port days we were just happy to be reaccommodated.

Edited by ShipsandDipper