Transporting 8 from French Quarter to port?

DesertArtist1345

Hi fellow cruisers. This will be our first time cruising out of NOLA. We are staying in the French Quarter the night before and will need transportation to the cruise terminal for 8 adults. I have read that it is $7 per head if you take a taxi. Can 4 and luggage fit in a taxi or should we consider a van?

Also any recommendations to get from the airport to the French Quarter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up for the trip to the airport from a hotel in the French Quarter. The standard fare if $14 per person. We had 4 people so it was $56 plus tip.

When we arrived in NOLA we rented a car through Costco and it was $35. My son and his family used it to go on a tour of some plantation that was out of the area. They also dropped me and my granddaughter off at the port along with the luggage and then they returned the car and were shuttled back by the car rental shuttle.

That worked out well for us and even though we had to pay for parking at the hotel, it was still cheaper than paying $100 per person to do the plantation tour and the $56 fare from airport to the hotel and then $7 per person from hotel to port. All the charges I mentioned for cab fare didn't include a tip so you will need to figure that in as well.

Renting a car or van might be something to consider for your way from hotel to the airport.