Embassy Suites convention center

kdunn6

I have booked 2 nights before our cruise in December at the Embassy Suites Convention center.Would like any input you might have on the hotel. The reviews are so, so.

I did get a pretty good rate with Expedia.

Anyone know how the rooms are? I was told by the hotel that it is within walking distance to the port, has anyone done this?

Thank you

I have booked 2 nights before our cruise in December at the Embassy Suites Convention center.Would like any input you might have on the hotel. The reviews are so, so.

I did get a pretty good rate with Expedia.

Anyone know how the rooms are? I was told by the hotel that it is within walking distance to the port, has anyone done this?

Thank you

We had no problems with our stay there. We walked to the port. Very easy. Would like to stay there again next time we sail out of New Orleans.

Have not stayed here as a cruise hotel but for other purposes (conference at convention center). It is a great location relative to the port and I love the perks of Embassy suites, Would be among my top choices of where to stay for a New Orleans cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We also stayed there and walked to the port, no problems. We ended up doing a lot of walking that trip because the weather was pleasant, and we also did a hop on hop off bus tour to get a lay of the land and see some sights. The hotel is your standard Embassy Suites with the manager's reception in the evening, and nice breakfast in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

We also stayed there and walked to the port, no problems. We ended up doing a lot of walking that trip because the weather was pleasant, and we also did a hop on hop off bus tour to get a lay of the land and see some sights. The hotel is your standard Embassy Suites with the manager's reception in the evening, and nice breakfast in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Thank you for your response, I think we are going to try the streetcar. Also I read about a tastebuds tour that we might try.