Santa Barbara sightseeing

We'll be stopping in Santa Barbara on a cruise in May. We're thinking of doing the trolley tour in the morning, going back to the ship for lunch, and then going to Stearns Wharf for a little while in the afternoon. Is it worthwhile and how far is it from the port? Are there seals there?

Thanks,

Elaine

• 1 month later...
We'll be stopping in Santa Barbara on a cruise in May. We're thinking of doing the trolley tour in the morning, going back to the ship for lunch, and then going to Stearns Wharf for a little while in the afternoon. Is it worthwhile and how far is it from the port? Are there seals there?

Thanks,

Elaine

Santa Barbara is a tender port and I wouldn't bother with going back to the ship for lunch unless you enjoy tendering. Santa Barbara is full of nice restaurants and wine tasting rooms that you may like.

Here's a note that I wrote in my journal.

Santa Barbara

We took the $.50 shuttle ($.25 if you're 62+) to the top of State St. and took the $1.75 #11 bus to Pueblo St. and walked the 4 blocks to the Old Mission. We spent just over a hour at the mission. We then walked around the block to the Museum of Natural Science. It reminded me of those old museums I used to visit with my school as the displays were mainly taxidermy. We headed back to town and spent some time tasting on the "Urban Wine Trail". Au bon Climat had some tasty pinot noir and I ended up buying 2 bottles. As the shuttles were packed with cruisers, we walked back to the ship. If you want to take the shuttle back to the ship, catch it on it's way up State St. as it will be full coming down State St..