United Airlines

scanditaly

Hi to any west coast inhabitants planning a trip to NOLA:

UAL has cancelled two flights that I know of that were direct from SFO to MSY. they still have a red-eye available leaving at 11PM and landing around 5AM.

Check your flights if you have booked a non-stop. I would like to know if this is just a temporary glitch, or is this a bigger deal because of RCI leaving NOLA?

I was able to get us re-routed through Houston, so no real problem execpt the loss of time..............excited to see NOLA.

We are on those flights in January, have not seen any cancels for my flights. Southwest is cheaper out of Sacramento which would be better, so I hope they cancel my flights soon and give me my money back.

Hey Jnwinos;

thanks for posting. I did some checking and it seems as if planes are diverted just for the X-mas holiday. Guess they are needed elsewhere.

Ya gotta love Southwest. Luggage included, and you know exactly when you will get on board the plane according to what number you have.

Anyway; since our perfect late afternoon flight was cancelled, I got us on a red-eye leaving the night before. Better in a way because we'll have an actual day of sightseeing, instead of just a morning, but will have to take an extra day off of work.

It would be so much easier for you just to go through Sacramento.

we are also wine lovers;

cheers, scanditaly

Post Thanksgiving to Pre Christmas in NOLA is a very slow time of year as this is a city that has a huge dependency on large conventions. Cruises are not the primary attraction. The city gets packed following Christmas due to the bowl games so I am not surprised that they pulled some of those flights, especially considering the closer proximity of IAH to MSY. MSY is a quick hop from IAH with many flights per day.

• 2 weeks later...

I think United is atrocious for changing flights.....and not letting you know they are doing so.

I'm flying to NOLA December 5th nonstop and so far they have changed my flight once but on the return, they have changed my connection FIVE times. still have 4 months to go. Can't change because of using miles, but

After this trip I will never book with United again...

• 2 weeks later...
I think United is atrocious for changing flights.....and not letting you know they are doing so.

I'm flying to NOLA December 5th nonstop and so far they have changed my flight once but on the return, they have changed my connection FIVE times. still have 4 months to go. Can't change because of using miles, but

After this trip I will never book with United again...

You may certainly change an award flight on UA; you just may have to pay a fee depending on your frequent flyer status.

It's your responsibility to keep an eye on your flights to catch any changes. Never depend on airline notification.

All airlines make changes, even Southwest (especially during their AirTran merger).