Only in Falmouth port 7:30-3:30: time for Falls or Blue Hole?

Flafun888

Just starting to research ports for our April 2017 cruise. Thread title says it all - Celebrity is only at Falmouth from 7:30-3:30. Given the drive, is it even doable to do any of these popular excursions everyone raves about?

I'm a little disappointed, as I've never been here before, but I'd rather be safe than miss the boat or pay a fortune for a cruise-sponsored tour, just to be rushed in and rushed back out. Thoughts from those that have visited?

(I apologize if this question's been asked - I ran several searches using different key words and didn't see it.)

Edited by Flafun888

• 3 months later...
I think that's about the same amount of time we were there. We went to the Blue Hole and had time to make stops along the way and eat lunch at Scotchies before getting back to the ship with time to still shop around the port. We used Ricardo Riley with libertytoursjamaica.com and they were absolutely wonderful. I found him thru great reviews on Trip Advisor. He responded quickly and was very professional. Their businesses rely heavily on getting everyone back on time so I'm sure if you'll contact him he'd be honest in letting you know his recommendations. Hope that helps and you have a great time.

Good to know: thank you so much for replying back. :) That's actually the excursion I was considering - blue hole + Scotchies lunch. Liberty certainly comes highly recommended.

I keep debating whether to just stay on ship (the lazy way out) or go for it as I've never been to Jamaica. This is last of 4 port stops. So assuming we land at others (no weather/tender issues) that last one can be tempting to skip. :D

Do you mind me asking how many in your group and whether Liberty offered you group rates or only do private tours? (It's just DH and I - we'd like to join another group if they do that and it saves some money.)

FlaFun when is your trip? We will be in Falmouth the 7th and are also looking for a couple to spend the day with. We have used Ricardo before and LOVED him, but the $300 for a private tour is too much. :). I asked him about a group and he said he could do 6 pp for $95 per person. Let me know what you think!

Liz

FlaFun when is your trip? We will be in Falmouth the 7th and are also looking for a couple to spend the day with. We have used Ricardo before and LOVED him, but the $300 for a private tour is too much. :). I asked him about a group and he said he could do 6 pp for $95 per person. Let me know what you think!

Liz

Hi Liz - thanks for reaching out. :) We're actually there on the 7th too! But does $95/person seems a bit high to you? When I review what most others are quoted for similar excursions on the CC Jamaica discussion boards, most companies people are recommending quote around $70-75/person. Liberty was actually quoting $75/person too for just 4 people as recently as 8-10 months ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2317766&highlight=liberty

Definitely not questioning his tour quality. :D But people rave about 3-4 other companies as well, so it seems like we are blessed with several possibilities.

I do think 95 is too high. I have emailed and sent in the online request for Phils tour but have had no response, its been two weeks. If you find something let us know, would be happy to join you. We did this tour last year and it was a blast!

I do think 95 is too high. I have emailed and sent in the online request for Phils tour but have had no response, its been two weeks. If you find something let us know, would be happy to join you. We did this tour last year and it was a blast!

Good to hear it was fun from someone who has been there. :D I'm not sure if he's including something extra others aren't or just raised his rates due to popularity/limited capacity.

I'll plan on inquiring with a few places people are recommending this weekend ...we may get better response quoting for 4 people. We're porting 7:30-3:30 on the Celebrity Silo - are you on that sailing? It's the only ship in Falmouth that day, I think.

Is there a way to PM each other on this board - vs extending this thread?

We used Travel Jamaica Tours, Errol Brown at errol@Traveljamaicatours.com

He charged my husband and I $170 total for transportation from cruise port to Blue Hole and it $10 to get in Blue Hole. He specifically picked out a guide for us and made sure we were at all times safe. He stopped many places and showed us sights we never would have seen on a ships tour. The Blue Hole is actually father away then Dunns River Falls. We've done both and from the lack of crowds and how beautiful it is, I high recommend the Blue Hole. I've attached pictures.

1706339022_bluehole3.jpg.2cec2d23daa785ac8ee564ae3b083f94.jpg

640187661_bluehole1.jpg.43d5b5e2f0696b944eff23e0ba0214b7.jpg

644838018_BlueHole.jpg.cd87174ee0d2bf43855b6a21226513b4.jpg

http://knowjamaica.com will do a private tour from Falmouth for $200 for 1-4 people. They do it from Ocho Rios for $150 for 1-4. I believe they charged $50 for each additional person beyond 4 but check with them to be sure.

Obviously, the price per person depends on how many you have. (with 4+ people obviously having the lowest cost per person)

That price doesn't include anything except transportation, advice, entertainment, and guidance. You need to buy your own food, pay your own admission fees at attractions, etc.

I have used them twice now and recommend them.