"Best of Roatan" Excursion - Is it Wheelchair Accessible?

mystori

I originally posted this on the Ports of Call (Roatan) board, but my question may be more appropriate for this thread.

Greetings,

My parents are sailing on the Vision of the Seas this January. My mother has limited mobility (e.g., she can walk very short distances and climb a couple steps), but she largely uses a wheelchair on ship and in ports.

One of their ports of call is Roatan, and among the excursions offered by Royal Caribbean is the “Best of Roatan” tour. While the description sounds interesting, they are concerned by the part that reads “Then board an island style boat for a narrated trip through the historic 2-mile long Dixon Cove Harbour.” My parents are worried that the boat portion of the excursion really won't be wheelchair accessible. [Note, RCL's excursion summary does indicate the excursion is wheelchair accessible.] We're just trying to make sure before they book it.

Can anyone share some insights into this excursion? If you've taken it, was the boat portion accessible? Thanks in advance for your response. :)

I originally posted this on the Ports of Call (Roatan) board, but my question may be more appropriate for this thread.

Greetings,

My parents are sailing on the Vision of the Seas this January. My mother has limited mobility (e.g., she can walk very short distances and climb a couple steps), but she largely uses a wheelchair on ship and in ports.

One of their ports of call is Roatan, and among the excursions offered by Royal Caribbean is the “Best of Roatan” tour. While the description sounds interesting, they are concerned by the part that reads “Then board an island style boat for a narrated trip through the historic 2-mile long Dixon Cove Harbour.” My parents are worried that the boat portion of the excursion really won't be wheelchair accessible. [Note, RCL's excursion summary does indicate the excursion is wheelchair accessible.] We're just trying to make sure before they book it.

Can anyone share some insights into this excursion? If you've taken it, was the boat portion accessible? Thanks in advance for your response. :)

If you go to RCCL's website and pull up the information for the Best of Roatan Tour it will show a blue wheelchair insignia. Scroll over that insignia and box with a Red Wheelchair will appear that tells you to click on it for wheelchair assistance. After clicking the following information pops up :

For guests who are full-time wheelchair users. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm excursion. Contact
for assistance.

Though your mother is not a full time wheelchair user would still recommend that you don't book this until you have contacted shorexaccess@rccl.com with the information requested.