can anyone help to get a recipe

cruisejunkie76

hi,

I did the Salom Bake in Juneau.

They had the really really great Sauce to go with the salom.

Was dark Brown, sticky, and tasted a bit sweet.

Can anyone help to find the recipe for that Sauce?

I'm guessing you did the Gold Creek Salmon Bake? I think they use brown sugar, butter, and lemon juice. When I prepare salmon this way, I use orange slices instead of the lemon. The sauce recipe is very simple, and you can prepare it to your taste. You can also throw in a little teriyaki or soy sauce, if you wish.

Hope this helps.

The owners of Salmon Bake in Fairbanks (located in a park now named Pioneer Park but was formerly named Alaskaland) have stated a number of times that their salmon bake, when first opened, was essentially a copy of the Juneau salmon bake of years past. This is a published recipe from the Fairbanks salmon bake. Hope it helps.

Alaskaland Salmon Bake Sauce Recipe

Tried it? Rate this Recipe:

This recipe for Alaskaland Salmon Bake Sauce, by Ann H. Lee, is from The Haire Family Cookbook, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. We help families or individuals create heirloom cookbook treasures.

Contributor:

Ann H. Lee

Added: Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Category:

Fish

Ingredients:

1 cube margarine

4 cups brown sugar

1/4 cup lemon juice

3 dashes dill weed

2 dashes cayenne red pepper

Directions:

Mix ingredients. The sauce should be the consistency of pancake batter. If it is too thick, add a little more lemon juice. If it is too thin, add more brown sugar.

Sauce is used for basting the salmon during grilling.

Personal Notes:

The Alaska Salmon Bake is a visitors' institution in Fairbanks. Around town you can smell the salmon cooking on the open grills. We love using this recipe on our dip netted Chitina Fish (Copper River Reds).

If you like a sweeter sauce on your salmon, keep it even simpler - a drizzle of real maple syrup. Ideally on a cedar plank. After being force-fed salmon throughout my entire childhood I refused point-blank to eat it as an adult; managed to go twelve years without until I was served the above combo at a dinner party - I only ate it so I wouldn't offend them and was blown away how good it was.