Parking- Cape Liberty Port

MrsLugo

Good morning,

We are driving from Rhode Island to the port this Saturday and hoping you can help me as to where is the best place to park for the week.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welxome to Cruise Critic.

You may also want to post this in the East Coast Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Good morning,

We are driving from Rhode Island to the port this Saturday and hoping you can help me as to where is the best place to park for the week.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I just returned from Bayonne. It cost 20 dollars per night to park at terminal. If you want to park off site for cheaper at 10 dollars a day, you need to go to park whiz. it a ten minute shuttle ride for free. never had a problem with park whiz

Directions from New England

If you come down I95 there is a cutover to the Merritt Parkway at Milford CT exit 38. At Rye NY there is another cutover to the Hutchinson River Parkway South exit 21 immediately after exit 2 in CT (no exit 1). You This cutover is longer than the one at Milford and involves getting off onto I287 West and following the signs to the Merritt/Hutch. You get off onto a service road, go through a few lights and take the turn for the Hutch south.

The Merritt Pkwy becomes the Hutchinson River Pkwy at the NY/CT line. From the Hutch take exit 15 in New Rochelle to get on the Cross County Pkwy. Stay in the middle left lane, which will become the left lane when the road "scrunches". This leads onto the Saw Mill River Pkwy South which becomes the Henry Hudson Pkwy at the NYC line ($5 toll - if no EZPass they will bill you in the mail and you need to pay it!). The toll is worth every penny.

You take the George Washington Bridge exit ( left exit - right lane to get onto the ramp to the bridge). On the bridge slide over to the middle left lane. Follow the NJ Turnpike signs. When you get on the turnpike, follow the first set of Lincoln Tunnel signs to get on the eastern spur of the turnpike, but don't get off at the actual tunnel exit. Continue on to exit 14-14A-14B-14C and follow the signs to exit 14A.

The are no trucks on this route from Meriden CT to the GW Bridge and you will avoid any traffic issues on the Cross Bronx Expressway or the intersection with I87.