Random Island Tour of St. Lucia - April 2017

attran99

I had planned a Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach adventure, but we were tired and needed a rest day so I lost my $60 deposit. No big deal...and our dining staff had said that St. Lucia wasn't really a must-get-off-the-ship island, so we went along with it. My family did some shopping, but I wanted to go on a tour of the island so my youngest went with me.

We went on a 2-3 hour tour of the island for $25 a person that I found in at the end of the terminal. It was nice to see the sights of the island and learn about the British and French history. I loved the highest points of the island for great landscape photos. Daniel, our driver, had a great and comfortable van we shared with a few other cruisers. My son loved the stop at the Natural Smoothies shop for fresh smoothies made with fruit from the island. I agree with him...likely the best smoothie we've ever had. Sometimes an impromptu change can lead to cool things.

I had planned a Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach adventure, but we were tired and needed a rest day so I lost my $60 deposit. No big deal...and our dining staff had said that St. Lucia wasn't really a must-get-off-the-ship island, so we went along with it. My family did some shopping, but I wanted to go on a tour of the island so my youngest went with me.

We went on a 2-3 hour tour of the island for $25 a person that I found in at the end of the terminal. It was nice to see the sights of the island and learn about the British and French history. I loved the highest points of the island for great landscape photos. Daniel, our driver, had a great and comfortable van we shared with a few other cruisers. My son loved the stop at the Natural Smoothies shop for fresh smoothies made with fruit from the island. I agree with him...likely the best smoothie we've ever had. Sometimes an impromptu change can lead to cool things.

Glad you enjoyed. Bumner you missed out on the sights that make St Lucia unique around the Caribbean, such as the iconic Pitons. Your dining staff unfortunately doesn't have enough off time to experience much of the island, so they too miss out on the more unique must-see sights.. There are some lovely sites up north too, glad you enjoyed your short sightseeing trip.

Glad you enjoyed. Bumner you missed out on the sights that make St Lucia unique around the Caribbean, such as the iconic Pitons. Your dining staff unfortunately doesn't have enough off time to experience much of the island, so they too miss out on the more unique must-see sights.. There are some lovely sites up north too, glad you enjoyed your short sightseeing trip.

While you are likely right, we had a port-intensive itinerary so a rest day was probably smart. I am planning on doing this cruise, again, so I will be back for Jalousie Beach and the Pitons...as soon as we recover from this great adventure. :)