Dinner Restaurant Recommendation

tpredmore

Absolutely, Barefoot (my favorite) Pinchos, West Deck, Yemanja, LG Smith Steakhouse, Cilo. Barefoot and Pinchos are just a few minutes taxi ride. The others are walkable. Actually, I've walked further than both of these on cruises, but it would be a fairly long, hot walk.

Absolutely, Barefoot (my favorite) Pinchos, West Deck, Yemanja, LG Smith Steakhouse, Cilo. Barefoot and Pinchos are just a few minutes taxi ride. The others are walkable. Actually, I've walked further than both of these on cruises, but it would be a fairly long, hot walk.

We went to West Deck twice for lunch during our week long trip to Aruba (just got back Tuesday). Food and service were great. We loved the Fried Funchi, Caribbean Jerk Chicken Wings and the Bahamian Conch Fritters. From the port walk to the right through downtown, over the white canal bridge and just past the Renaissance. West Deck is on your right, just over another small bridge. Beautiful spot.

Iguana Joe's is popular, with a great view. Cilo's is nice also. Possibly there are views from the Paddock, but I've never been there. Depending on what time you are there, you could have drinks at Pinchos or West Deck, which are both wonderful locations.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe there is such a thing as a non-smoking area in Aruba.

Many of the American flagged hotel franchises are smoke free, but that doesn't stop people from smoking outdoors.

Smoking is definitely a lot more prevalent in public places in Aruba than in the US. We haven't noticed it in most restaurants, but definitely at indoor and outdoor bars, and a few of the outdoor restaurants. I've never noticed smokers at any of the restaurants that I recommended in this thread. I'm highly allergic, and mostly I find it to be a problem on the beaches. I do wish that they would designate a smoking section on the beach at the resort where we stay, like they have on most cruise lines.

Gostoso is in downtown Oranjestad. They offer Portuguese/Aruban cuisine. We enjoyed our dinner there. It is small, make a reservation in advance.

Casa Vieja is Columbian and in downtown Oranjestad. Have never been so cannot comment on their food.