Food and water safe to consume?

LindaKE

Well it appears it is not just bad alcohol, people are also being drugged. It does not happen all the time obviously, I have been to mexico at least 10 times over the years and never had a problem. I have actually traveled the world and never had a problem so this was a big eye-opener for me since I try to pick upscale places to hang out or beautiful beaches with my own water bottle. No one else on my ship that was there (about 15 others) got sick. But they were all couples / families with reservations. Likely because I was alone & it was known when I made the reservation. Very scary for me.

Given the usage of the word tainted I doubt it. The government has confiscated all of the tainted liquor so at this point it's a non-issue

Again, the term "tainted" is yours and is being used by everybody and their brother except the officials reporting the facts.

taint

tānt/

verb

past tense: tainted; past participle: tainted

• contaminate or pollute (something).
    "the air was tainted by fumes from the cars"
    synonyms:contaminate, pollute, adulterate, infect, blight, spoil, soil, ruin, destroy; literarybefoul
    "the wilderness is tainted by pollution"

• affect with a bad or undesirable quality.
      "his administration was tainted by scandal"
      synonyms:tarnish, sully, blacken, stain, blot, blemish, stigmatize, mar, corrupt, defile, soil, muddy, damage, harm, hurt;

it works

I have a tender tummy and became ill every time I visited Mexico even after following the general rules (no water, no ice, no salads, only hot foods, fruit with peels etc.) My doctor finally advised me to drink a cap full of Pepto-Bismol before every meal and at bedtime to coat my tummy. This worked! I made it through my last visit without getting sick.

I have a tender tummy and became ill every time I visited Mexico even after following the general rules (no water, no ice, no salads, only hot foods, fruit with peels etc.) My doctor finally advised me to drink a cap full of Pepto-Bismol before every meal and at bedtime to coat my tummy. This worked! I made it through my last visit without getting sick.

Thanks for the idea. DH has "tender tummy" also, so we have to be very careful.