Restaurants near Springhill Suites-FLL

Bruin Steve

We've got a day to kill pre-cruise this coming Saturday...arriving on the redeye Saturday early morning, cruising on the Allure Sunday...

We're staying at the Springhill Suites Dania Beach...have actually stayed there a few times before but either had a car and/or plans with family...

This time, we haven't told any of the family we're coming. Since we're on the redeye, we just want to relax and hang out at the hotel. And we won't have a rental car...

I know the Oakwood Plaza is across the street and has a few restaurants--mostly chain establishments...Red Lobster, TGI Fridays, Dave & Buster's we have at home...

...and fast food...Chipotle, McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Subway, Quizno's, Little Caesar's...not going to do that...

That leaves Miller Ale House, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian (I know, a chain--but not one we have at home), Moonlight Diner...

For this dinner, we really don't care much about getting "fine cuisine"...We want something really casual (like I plan on wearing my cargo shorts and T-shirt) and fairly inexpensive...

I noticed Sal's has various coupons printed on their website ($5 off $25 or more, 1/2 off earlybird, etc.). Are they any good? Or is the Ale House or Diner a better bet? Or should we just stay right in front of the hotel and eat at Burger King? It's not like we're not going to eat really well the next seven nights on Allure!!

Ale House is actually better-that-average sports bar grub. But if you want a bit quieter atmosphere, Sal's is more than adequate neighborhood Italian fare. Both are much better value for the money than Moonlite Diner.

(And for clarity's sake: Quizno's has closed, along with almost all their other locations in South Fla)

If its the Springhill Suites I'm thinking of, we ate at La Rosa Cuban Restaurant a few years back - it was maybe a mile or so from the hotel and the hotel shuttled us. What I liked about it was its not a chain restaurant, more of a family type place. Also, it wasn't in the best area, but the food and atmosphere were great. Definitely something different from the usual fare.