5 hours to kill in Ft. Lauderdale with luggage!

jenphan

The earliest flight that I could get out of Ft. Lauderdale is at 6. We are thinking about renting a car if absolutely necessary, but is there something else we can do without having to rent a car. However, I was thinking about Miami to visit my relatives, but was unsure of how long the drive would be. What is there to do in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? Thanks!

With just 5 hours I can see why you don't want to mess with a car. I wouldn't drive to Miami and back, that's for sure, especially if it's a week day.

I can't think of many places you'll want to go dragging luggage with you. You could hop a cab to the airport and grab a cheap rental car for the day - that would solve your luggage storage as well as transportation problems, but it cost a little time. You could drive to the beach or Las Olas and kill some time.

Jeff

Check out your cruiselines Everglades Tour, a great way to kill time before your flight. They secure your luggage while your on the tour and then take you to the airport after the tour.

/////

If the airline you are traveling has earlier departures to your destination you could try standing by for an earlier flight. Most airlines will allow you to do this for no extra charge.

We did it at MIA last year on AA after our Princess cruise.

Rich

Archived