How far is Huntes Garden from port?

bagzrpacked

Hello,

We will be in port early December and wanted to know how far Hunte's Garden is from the port.

Is this a possible trip while in port?

Any idea on how much it would cost to get a ride there? Four of us traveling (all first time cruisers):D

Thank you for your help,

E

Hello,

We will be in port early December and wanted to know how far Hunte's Garden is from the port.

Is this a possible trip while in port?

Any idea on how much it would cost to get a ride there? Four of us traveling (all first time cruisers):D

Thank you for your help,

E

Hi,

I am also interested in visiting Hunte's Gardens when I cruise next spring and I have been checking various options for transportation/touring.

Depending upon how long you will be in port, you should have plenty of time to visit Hunte's Gardens. From what I have read, it is in the middle of the island and should take approximately 30 minutes or less to get there from Bridgetown, Barbados. There are various options to get there including arranging a private or group tour in advance or simply hiring a taxi when you arrive in port.

Although I have not finalized my plans yet, I have been in contact with two different tour providers. One indicated that I could visit both Hunte's Garden and St. Nicholas Abbey in a half-day tour.

I don't know the cost of a taxi hired in port. Private tours vary depending upon the length of the tour and the number of people in the vehicle.

Mary

• 3 years later...

Hate to drum up an old post but I've searched the forum and don't see any more current threads.

I've read good things about Hunte's Garden and would like to go.

Just looking for info on taxi cost from anyone who has gone recently. Looks like it is about 14 kms from the pier.

If you have gone, would appreciate your thoughts on this place as well.