Miami Hotel Pre-cruise 3 nights.

goody1

Hi,

My Wife and I are about to book a 14 night Msc Cruise ex. Miami next July. Having never been to Miami before we will be flying in 3 days prior to enjoy the City. I am looking for any advice regarding recommendations for a decent 4 Star Hotel. We will not be hiring a car, so will be taking a taxi from Airport-Hotel-Port-Airport. Thanks very much.

Hi,

My Wife and I are about to book a 14 night Msc Cruise ex. Miami next July. Having never been to Miami before we will be flying in 3 days prior to enjoy the City. I am looking for any advice regarding recommendations for a decent 4 Star Hotel. We will not be hiring a car, so will be taking a taxi from Airport-Hotel-Port-Airport. Thanks very much.

Biltmore

Ritz Carlton (South Beach, Coconut Grove, or Biscayne Bay)

Four Seasons

Mandarin Oriental

The Loews

The W (South Beach or downtown)

The Delano

The Shore Blub

The Standard

The Aqualina

Check out the Intercontinental Miami. It is near the port and they are having a special right now - prepaid rate of $184 per night but if you belong to the IHG club the price is $172. Don't belong to the club? You can enroll on line and then place your reservation.

I'm not sure how long they will have these rates so hurry to take advantage of them.

Check out the Intercontinental Miami. It is near the port and they are having a special right now - prepaid rate of $184 per night but if you belong to the IHG club the price is $172. Don't belong to the club? You can enroll on line and then place your reservation.

I'm not sure how long they will have these rates so hurry to take advantage of them.

Is IHG part of Holiday Inn rewards? Sounds familiar. Thanks.

I believe Holiday Inn is part of the IHG family. I don't know if you need a separate account for each brand.

No separate account needed for IHG rewards. How close is this to the cruise terminal? I don't want to spend a fortune for a transfer. We'll only be staying one night. Would love a place close to the pier and a decent restaurant for dinner and breakfast before we head to the ship.

No separate account needed for IHG rewards. How close is this to the cruise terminal? I don't want to spend a fortune for a transfer. We'll only be staying one night. Would love a place close to the pier and a decent restaurant for dinner and breakfast before we head to the ship.

You can see the port from hotel room if you a room on that side. Get up early and watch the ships turn in the basin.

Very short cab ride to port!

If I remember correctly You can take the people mover? To Bayside Market that has restaurants.

Intercontinental also has a restaurant !

The hotel is three miles from Port of Miami and four blocks from Bayside Market. There are several restaurants at Bayside, including chains such as Bubba Gumps, Chili's, Hooters, Hard Rock Cafe, and Five Guys plus several fast food places.

Have stayed at the Intercontinental several times over the years. It is within walking distance to Bayside Marketplace and a 10 minute ride to the pier. It can be pricey so you may get better results with booking using LMT or Hotwire type sites. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda