Is Oceania gay friendly?

Prada Cowboy

Agreed with the above posters. We've been on Oceania twice, and we found it to be extremely gay friendly. On both of our transatlantic crossings onboard Regatta, we had 30+ show up to the FOD parties each day. It was wonderful, and the crew is exceptional.

How did you organize FOD parties? We are on our 3 rd Oceania Cruise Oct 23. Would love to know how to organize such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately Oceania has changed it policy on Friends of Dorothy. We were on Riveria a few years back and met several new friends at the FOD gatherings which had been listed in the daily guide. We completed a sailing this year on Marina only to find out that Miami (headquarters) has decided it is no longer willing to list FOD events in the daily cruise guide. This was VERY VERY disappointing for us as we would have liked to meet other LGBT people on board without having to ask that embarrassing question (in case your gaydar is broken or just not as functional as some). Despite that I think the staff and line are still very gay friendly, but their resistance to listing a LGBT event in the guide seems unreasonable. They claimed, when we complained to headquarters, that they would have to list everyone's group then. I don't see how this is a downside as we would normally meet at the bar and buy drinks (i.e. more revenue for them since it is not inclusive on Oceania). Interestingly they will still list Friends of Bill on board (AA) so the policy feels a bit discriminatory to me personally.... just my opinion.