Eastern or Western on RCI?

akb5k

Any input on an Eastern vs Western Caribbean itinerary with a 3 year old (turning 3 the day of the cruise) in February? Bahamas, St Maarten, and St Thomas vs Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. For the Eastern we could do either Oasis or Freedom, the Western is on Allure. She is potty trained, likes to swim, would enjoy an aquarium or zoo excursion as well as beach days. Not into characters, might do the kids club just for an hour or two so I can go to the spa or something (single mom traveling just with the 3 year old). I've done several cruises on smaller ships, she's never done one before. Kind of worried about lines/crowds on the Oasis class but need the splash zone for the 3 year old!

Thanks!

The Bahamas can be cool in Feb....about the same weather as Florida. If there's a far-reaching cold front, it will hit the Bahamas.

Labadee is a great beach day....the kid's club will be operating on the beach, if she enjoys that...

I'm not a fan of Mexico, but that time of year, I'd go for the warmer spots!

Any input on an Eastern vs Western Caribbean itinerary with a 3 year old (turning 3 the day of the cruise) in February? Bahamas, St Maarten, and St Thomas vs Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. For the Eastern we could do either Oasis or Freedom, the Western is on Allure. She is potty trained, likes to swim, would enjoy an aquarium or zoo excursion as well as beach days. Not into characters, might do the kids club just for an hour or two so I can go to the spa or something (single mom traveling just with the 3 year old). I've done several cruises on smaller ships, she's never done one before. Kind of worried about lines/crowds on the Oasis class but need the splash zone for the 3 year old!

Thanks!

Did Western Caribbean on Freedom with a 2.5 year old and it was fabulous. Labadee was a great beach day, Falmouth is a nice port because there is a nice shopping square right off the ship, Cozumel we did a glass bottom boat tour and saw amazing fish and coral reefs, Grand Cayman there is a stingray or dolphin shore excursion.